Good surprise, I hope?

It's been two weeks since we returned to Hogwarts, and I've been busy with classes as usual. But there's also the excitement of the Triwizard Tournament happening this year, with students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang joining us. I'd like to say I haven't thought about Charlie Weasley at all in the past few weeks, but that would be a lie. Especially since Ron keeps talking about him so bloody much.

"Charlie sent me a dragon scale from the Romanian Longhorn he's been working with." "I wrote to Charlie about the tournament, says he's disappointed it didn't happen during his time at Hogwarts." "Charlie sent me the dragon horn powder I needed for that Strength Potion Snape assigned."

It's always "Charlie this" and "Charlie that" whenever I'm around Ron these days. Which means I can't seem to stop my own brain from drifting to thoughts of Charlie too.

His warm hazel eyes and crooked smile pop unbidden into my mind at odd moments. Like when I spotted a stocky redhead crossing the courtyard, my breath caught for a second thinking it was him. But no, just one of the many Weasley brothers roaming the halls.

Or when Hagrid was showing us the skrewts in Care of Magical Creatures, and mentioned training dragons. I instantly pictured Charlie wrangling a feisty Welsh Green, muscles flexing...okay maybe it's best not to let my imagination run too wild.

Anyway, the champions for the Triwizard Tournament were chosen last night from the Goblet of Fire. And somehow Harry Potter's name came out, even though he's underage. Ron is convinced that Harry found a way to cheat and enter himself without sharing the secret. He's not speaking to Harry now out of jealousy.

So I've been spending more time alone with Harry instead. We took a long walk around the Black Lake earlier while he vented about Ron's accusation.

"I just don't get why he won't believe me," Harry fumed, chucking stones angrily into the water. "After everything we've been through, he really thinks I'd try to steal his shot at glory or something?"

"He's just jealous," I replied gently. "You know how Ron gets, always feeling overshadowed. But he'll come around eventually, I hope."

Harry scowled. "Yeah well, some friend he is. I could die in this tournament you know!"

I gasped, grabbing his arm. "Harry! Don't say that, please. You really should write to Snuffles about all this...he'll want to know."

At the mention of his godfather, Harry's face softened a bit. "Yeah alright, I'll send him an owl tonight." He shot me a grateful smile. "Thanks Lyra. Really glad I can talk to you at least."

I gave his arm a comforting squeeze. We walked in peaceful quiet around the lake for a while, leaves crunching under our feet.

After hanging out with Harry, I decided to take a nice stroll through the courtyard. Draco joined me, complaining bitterly about Professor Moody.

"That mad old codger actually performed the Imperius Curse sent a spider to my face!" Draco fumed. "My father won't stand for..."

"Ly!" Ron's voice cut through the conversation, causing me to halt. "What's up, Ron?"

"Just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out?" Ron asked, and Draco grumbled in annoyance. "She is hanging out with me right now, Weasley!"

"Yeah, yeah. I wanted to know if she wanted to hang out with me later tonight." Ron rolled his eyes.

"Sure," I replied, casting a glance at Draco, who shot Ron a glare. "Cool, see you later, Ly! Ferret!" Ron glared at Draco before departing. As we start walking again, Draco scoffs. "Honestly, his brother? Of all the people in the world, You have a crush on his brother!"