Chapter 24

I looked at him and he looked at me. So many things I want to say to him, yet so little time. He walked towards me and I did the same.

"Hey Logan" I said once we both stopped.

"Hey" he replied with a small smile.

"Soo,, um she told you wanted to talk to me." I say, hoping it would break the awkwardness. 

"Yeah and she told me everything"

My eyes widened, Everything?  I thought, "What?" I replied.

"Everything. About how you were gonna risk your life looking for me, how you wanted to talk to me about..about"

"About that night?" I ask.

He nodded.

I stared at him, astonished. I knew I shouldn't talk to her!

"I'm so sorry, I'll just-"

He kissed me.  Out of all of the things he could say or do, he chose to kiss me. My eyes widened in surprise. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. Something burst inside of me. Something I couldn't explain. But then I realized something.

It was love.

He pulled away, our foreheads pressing against each other, "I'm so sorry, I should've told you earlier."

"It's okay, it's perfect. Even though I won't remember the place or you, I know I'll remember this. It's better to love every minute of it and remembering it for a lifetime than to love it for a lifetime than forgetting it."

He smiled at me and kissed me again.

We could have stayed like that for a lifetime.