Chapter 5

I stayed in the hospital for 5 days. I got out of my bed. Logan came to my room with new clothes and shoes. "Come on" Logan said, " I'll give you the tour." After changing into my new clothes, Logan takes me outside the hospital wing.

The place is huge. Logan told me that this place is called The Compound.

"This is where most of us train in order to defeat The Cybots," Logan explain.

"The what?" I ask

"The Cybots. They're the reason this place is different from yours. If it wasn't for them, this place would be exactly the same as yours." Logan replies

"So this is a paradox?" I ask

"Yeah, exactly" He replies.

I look around me. There are alot of people training.

"So, this is not obviously the whole world's population, what happened to the rest?" I ask

"They become Cybots" He said

"Oh."I replied.

"So, I showed you the hospital, cafeteria, the bedrooms, the meeting room, and the training room," he said turning to me, "what else do you wanna see?" he asks.

"Do you guys have a library?" I ask

"Of course we do" he replies, leading the way.

"Okay, I save the best for last." He says

He leads me to a door, "Ready?" he asks.

"Ready." I reply.

He opens the door.

It was a balcony. A huge one, in fact.

"Wow," I said, "The city...." I said looking at the city, " It looks like it has........no........"

"Life." Logan respond.

I turn to look at him. There is pain and sadness in his eyes. The city was gray and dark. The buildings were destroyed and there was fire everywhere.

"We don't really like staying here though. It's too risky. The Cybotsmight catch us." Logan said.

"Do you wanna go back inside?" I ask

"Sure. That's a great idea." he says.

We left the balcony and Logan locks the door.