23.

A/N

OH OKAY CUPCAKES YOU DIDN'T FULL FILL THE REQUIREMENTS BUT I'M NOT EVIL SO HERE IS THE NEXT CHAP AND CHAP AFTER THIS IS THE END :( YEAH AND I STARTED TWO NEW STORIES THEY ARE COMING SOON ! AND THE END OF THIS STORY WILL BE UP SOON :-) LOVE YOU ALL <3

The lights in the hospital room were far too bright for Daphne’s liking. She felt her pupils dilate then constrict suddenly. This wasn’t heaven and it sure as hell wasn’t the underworld. She was sure she had died in the cold waters of Mersey’s riverbed, but apparently this wasn’t the case. She could hear the beeps of machines around her, her hand was stiff and she quickly realized there was a needle inserted into her skin. She was dry, wrapped in a thin cotton gown and thick sheets and blankets.

She closed her eyes again and groaned quietly as she tried to move parts of her body but found the muscles to be stiff and aching. She opened her eyes again and managed to remove one of her arms from the sheets and blankets she was trapped under. She let her hand fumble around and found the little remote that could control the lights above her. She quickly shut them off and adjusted her bed so she could sit up slightly.

As she looked around the room she let her eyes scan the small space, it was so generic and basic. Daphne couldn’t lie she was disappointed that her plan failed. If this was what the afterlife was she was sorely let down. She remembered flashes of what had happened and sure enough as her eyes fell on Harry’s sleeping form in a chair by her bed she remembered his arms wrapping her tightly in his coat.

She wasn’t happy to see him. She wanted to be but instead she was angry. How had he found her? She knew that he sent out search parties all over England for her, it actually was rather difficult to stay hidden when people were asking if she was the Daphne he was looking for. She immediately felt tears come to her eyes and she grabbed the nearest thing she had within her reach, an empty water cup, and threw it with all her strength at Harry’s form. Her body screamed in pain as she did it, her muscles aching from all the shivering she had done in her fit of hypothermia.

Harry hadn’t left Daphne’s side since he was allowed to come up and be in the room with her. He paced in the waiting room of the hospital while he waited on pins and needles until finally someone had come out to let him know that Daphne was stable. As he was brought into the room where Daphne was staying he let out a deep sigh of relief and saw immediately a large bouquet of roses. Harry thought it was strange that she had flowers and he quickly checked the small card. There was nothing but a heart and a small ‘A’ signed in beautiful script. Harry knew immediately that Aphrodite had been here.

Harry moved over to Daphne and leaned over to press his lips to Daphne’s forehead and down her nose. He kissed her lips and brought his large hands up to cup her face gently. He had missed her so much and he had almost lost her for good. He couldn’t help but be emotional as he took a few minutes pressing kisses to her face hoping that she would wake up. It was all in vain however, his beauty remained in her slumber. He could only imagine what she had gone through the past two weeks and decided it was best to leave her be. He quickly pulled a chair closer to the bed with his large foot, hooking it around the leg of the chair and dragging it across the tiles and to a place where he could sit, his hand laced with Daphne’s.

Time slipped by and the morning shifted into the late afternoon. Harry could barely keep his eyes open and soon he had dozed off in his chair, his hand becoming loose and dropping from Daphne’s during his slumber. Harry’s head hung back, a soft snore coming from his lips as his long legs spread out under Daphne’s bed. He was having a dreamless sleep when he was suddenly awoken by a flying object hitting him in the face.

Harry let out a grunt and opened his eyes, rubbing his hands against the puffy sockets. He then looked up to see Daphne’s form awake and more importantly alive. Her eyes were filled with tears and he wasn’t sure if they were happy tears or sad ones. He sat up and moved to rest his forearms against the bed, reaching for her hand which she promptly pulled away.