17.

Love.

A simple four letter word. When paired with other words into a sentence they can start relationships, or end them. The word can start a war or mend a broken heart. There is so much power placed into such a small word.

Love.

It has the ability to do so many things for this world and most times it’s overlooked, disregarded. They lose sight of how powerful the word is and how much it can do for society. They let it rust, crumble, and disappear from their repertoire.

Love.

Daphne and Harry knew what it was, and how it could change people. They had seen it day after day in the bakery. People smiling, remembering that love wasn’t just about sharing it with another person but loving themselves.

The town was filled with some kind of wonderful buzz, something that just kept everyone happy and excited. There was a peace that came over the town; people were sweet to one another, offering gestures of kindness and gratitude. Harry and Daphne were even surprised to see a young man propose to his longtime girlfriend in the shop. Daphne had caught Harry’s attention as a girl bit down into one of her cupcakes and found the ring hidden inside. Harry couldn’t help but grin widely at Daphne’s sneaky way of helping the young man. He loved seeing her smile and the joy on her face, she truly loved love.

A week passed, the bakery keeping them both busy. Daphne barely stayed at her small room anymore, nearly spending every night at Harry’s curled up in his embrace after a long day of baking. What happened next was something no one saw coming.

Harry’s phone rang in the dead of night, buzzing and screaming from its place on the bedside table. Daphne was the first one to wake up, gently pushing on Harry’s naked form as she adjusted to the sound.

“Harry your phone,” She grumbled as she moved over his body and found the small device, placing it on his chest.

Harry let out a grunt as he felt Daphne’s equally naked body on his own and then it was replaced with a small buzzing device. Harry quickly swiped it finger along the phone and pressed it to his ear.

“Hello?” Harry mumbled drowsily as Daphne’s face buried itself into the pillow next to him, one of her gray eyes peeking to look up at him as he talked.

“This is Harry Styles.” He continued, someone on the other line bringing Harry to attention. He sat up immediately and rubbed is eyes.

“I’m sorry, what happened?” Harry asked with a bit of worry in his voice. He paused and he reached over to shake Daphne, willing her to wake up. “Of course, I completely understand. I’ll be down in just a few minutes.”

Harry hung up the phone, his daze distant as he looked over at Daphne who seemed to know right away that something was wrong. She blinked a few times and pushed herself up to look over Harry’s worried expression.

“Something happened to the bakery,” he gulped.

Daphne immediately felt her stomach drop and her head swam in the possibilities. She looked up at him with worry in her eyes and she reached out to touch his curls that framed his face.

“It’s gonna be fine,” she told him, her voice quivering. Harry just nodded slowly and the pair quickly dressed in whatever clothes they could find.

They were rather silent as they walked hand in hand down the quiet road. It had to be only 1 in the morning but the town was dead. Everyone was at home, tucked in their beds, dreaming of something sweet and lovely. What appeared in the distance to Daphne and Harry was more like a nightmare.