Chapter 10

"Beyond The Written Story"

It seems like the second song is about to start, which means the female lead is almost here, i should leave now, so I wouldn't disturb Kain and the heroine's meeting since he hasn't seen her in 4 years.

"Anyways, i should go. The new debutants still needs to be blessed by the imperial orb."

"Are you sure you're okay? You can still rest if you want. My father won't stop the ceremony until midnight."

"Im fine, really. Thank you for your concern."

He looked doubtful, but he just accepted it, "Well, if you say so, take care, Cynthia."

I bowed, "You too, Kain." , and left.

Ahh, that was a close one. I'm glad I found an important excuse to leave, but i should be going to the throne room now so i can get this over with and go back home. But of course, before i do that, I'll take a quick peek to see our female main character once this business is finished.

After walking for a while, i finally arrived, opening the door, there were quite a lot of people.

Im glad it hasnt started yet. Looking around, i could see numerous men and women waiting for the emperor to come, so I went to the farside to sit because i was tired of standing eversince i went inside the palace.

As I waited for a few minutes, i got bored and started yawning, and then suddenly i heard someone sitting beside me. As i looked to see who that person was.

It's him again, "Why are you here out of all the places you could have been in the palace?"

"Im waiting for the ceremony to happen just like any of you here, so stop insisting that im doing this to tease you."

I was flabbergasted, "Wait, you're 18?!"

"Yes, is there a problem with that?"

Wow, i never would have guessed. In the novel, i just presumed hes atleast 21, just like Kain since his age wasn't specifically mentioned.

"Also, why do you always make that face when you talk to me? Is it because of how i treated you on our first meeting?"

"Yes, i hold grudges very easily, especially about the fact that i did nothing bad to you or whatsoever."

He scuffed, "You really have forgotten, didn't you?"

"What are you talking about?"

Cynthia and him didn't even interacted with each other in the original storyline, so what does he mean by that?

"The reason why i didn't treated you nicely on the first time that we met, was because 5 years ago, you acted like i was an outcast."

"I-I did?, what ever are you referring to?"

"Did you just slip that memory out of your mind and want to act innocent now?"

Was there ever such a scene in the novel? There's no way i could have forgotten since I've reread the story more than 10 times already.

"I can't... remember."

"Fine, let's refresh your mind for a bit."

Five years ago, it was the crown prince's birthday party. As the next successor of the mage tower, i was invited to the event. From there, a lot of people were already judging me, but I endured because i knew i wouldn't have progressed anywhere if i let their words get to me.

But when I searched for my adoptive father, since he told me beforehand that he was already in the council room, i got lost finding him, and suddenly out of nowhere I bumped into you, and those words that you told me it was engraved on my mind eversince that day.

'Well, if isn't the beast who killed his parents'

I tried my best to ignore you by walking away, but you kept provoking me.

'I can't personally believe a sinner like you is still living happily while your parents died in vain protecting you.'

But when you stated that sentence, i passed my limit.

'Just because you're the daughter of the grand duke doesn't mean you can say anything you want to me.'

He pulled her dress close to him with an exasperated expression.

'See... you are the monster that they fear you are, since you can't even control your own emotions, a beast like you should have died along with your parents, hah! Imagine all the embarrassment that they dealt with only for them to be killed by their own son, pathetic!'

At that time, my anger couldn't hold it anymore, and i wanted to kill you right there, but one thing i realised, as exactly like you said, i am nothing but a monster who should've died a long time ago, my parents did not deserve a child like me. So the only thing i did in that situation was, I ran away and cried that night.

TO BE CONTINUED!