Chapter no.76 In the Shadows

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord : 
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••
Three shadows were sitting around a small table; one was on the edge of a chair and the two others were resting on a couch. A small bowl of cashew nuts was at the center of the table.

"You called for us, Sarge?"

One of the shadows sitting on the sofa asked.

Her voice was distinctly female, young but not juvenile, not girly but without the rounder notes of maturity.

A teenager.

"I did. The boss found us a recruit to break," answered the one on the chair.

The voice was manly, deep but frozen in a monotone.

"Again?" The first shadow whined.

"They keep sending them and they don't fit! We work well enough with three!"

"It might be the case but a team is comprised of four ninjas," chided the first shadow gently, her voice warm and womanly.

"Pff I know that." The first shadow answered again.

"Doesn't change the facts."

"He will be submitted to the same process as any recruit. If he doesn't fit, he takes the boot."

The man interrupted with a note of impatience.

"Do not get your bra in a twist."

He added with his voice back to his monotone.

There were a chuckle and a laugh.

"It's supposed to be panties," corrected the woman, in a tone that told she hoped to be helpful.

"Yeah, Sarge, it's panties, panties!" Laughed the teenage girl.

"I don't wear a bra anyway."

She declared with mirth.

"I see. I will try to remember it."

The man spoke in the same toneless voice, completely ignoring the girl's claim, which made her pout.

"Anyway, the Boss was clear, this is non-negotiable, so prepare to give a newbie some hell."

The two women shuddered.

Their squad leader had most of the time a level of control on his body language and voice that bordered on psychotic, allowing only what he wanted to allow, and only when torture and training were mentioned did it slip outside of his grip.

Also gardening, but that was neither here nor there.

"Alright, captain. When do we receive him?" The older woman asked.

"Today at first rotation."

"So soon!?" The younger girl choked on cashew nuts.

"Do we know who he is?"

The man took a deep breath.

That was where he knew the gears would truly grind to a halt.

He mentally prepared himself and covered his eardrums in a layer of protective chakra.

"Naruto Uzumaki."

The apparent silence took the man by surprise and he ceased to modulate his chakra just in time to hear the teenager's cry of protest.

"What!? The squid is barely a ninja!"

The man winced slightly at the volume of the shout but said nothing, knowing his young teammate would express herself for a minute before he could speak.