Chapter no.46 Enter Sarutobi Asuma

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord :
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••

Sarutobi Asuma did not consider himself a ladies man

This, he supposed, was an unfortunate side-effect of his questionably ruggish looks and appearance. He was built strong and hardy, and his finely developed beard was one thing that accentuated his appearance more firmly than anything else. Of course, the fact that his lips were almost often occupied with a familiar white stick, and his breath unfortunately stank of dry, acrid smoke could also be a major detractor.

That was why, on this particular day, he had made sure to get the strongest breath mints he could find before he entered the Jonin's lounge. Recently back from a rather successful mission, wallet filled to the brim with suitable wealth and satisfaction, all that was missing from his life at this moment, was a companion to which he could share all his victories and successes.

Being a former member of the Fire Daimyo's own elite bodyguard squad, the Twelve Guardians, had often put him in many situations where he would find young and beautiful women, and where he would have to either protect or kill these young and beautiful women as the job required.

Bedding them, of course, had happened, once, or twice, but he knew, and they knew, that the act in and of itself had no real meaning, and it was merely two people attempting to release some steam from the rigid routines of their daily life, with the sweet caresses and touch of the opposite sex. A relationship was an impossibility, as he was a shinobi, and they were most certainly not.

Hence, it made sense to him, as to find someone who he could possess a relationship with, someone who would not be squeamish as he regaled her with the grimy and unfortunate details of his job, someone who could understand and relate with said grimy and unfortunate details, and someone, who overall, could stand at his side if need be, facing off enemies in a valiant defense for their home and their loved ones.

And he felt, that he knew exactly just who that person was.

Walking into the lounge, his breath was as fresh as newly plucked and squeezed mint leaves, his gait and back as straight as a kunai thrown by Kami himself, his chest puffed up, shoulders broadened, and the thick, wafting smell of cologne trailing around him like a wispy specter whispering encouraging words into his ears, Asuma was certain that nothing could go wrong.

Until the sound of sweet, melodious laughter entered his ears, the laughter of none other than the very person he felt, could be his destined soulmate.

"...Wow, did she really?"

A small part of him grew irate, as he realized, that there was someone there chatting her up, another Jonin most likely. It was to be expected, as she was a reasonably new Jonin, freshly promoted from her previous rank of Special Jonin as her Genjutsu skills had ultimately gained recognition, and her work in the field had marked her as exceptional above her peers. She was also beautiful, incredibly so - with an appearance that often left him a blithering mess, abandoning all forms of grace and finesse that his occupation had drilled into him, and leaving him able to do nothing but smile at her.