𝟢𝟢𝟩. 𝗅𝖾𝗆𝗈𝗇 𝖽𝗈𝗇𝗎𝗍𝗌

"so, how'd she take it?" wally asked juniper as they stood on the middle of the basketball court, inside the gym.

"actually pretty well. she was amazed at the fact the i cried when i saw kacey crying." juniper laughed and wally dribbled a basketball a couple of times.

"yeah, i was too, but it showed how caring you are." he passed the ball to her.

she caught it and awkwardly dribbled it.

"i showed her my 'room' and all the things i've stolen." juniper held the ball as wally moved under the hoop.

"shoot!" he smiled.

she threw the ball and it bounced off the rim.

he ran to catch it. "it's ok, try again." he threw the ball back at her.

"how'd she react to that?" he asked.

"she loved it. she was just looking at everything. i told to come to our other group today as well." she caught the ball and bounced it a couple of times before throwing it back at the hoop.

it bounced off again.

"that's good. you think she'll show?" wally caught the basketball again and tossed it back to her.

"i'm not sure. i hope." june shrugged.

"alright, junebug, what's wrong?" wally asked, walking closing to her, hands on his hips.

"i don't know... just telling her that story kind of made me relive it." she frowned.

"hey..." he sighed, walking up to her and wrapping his arms around her.

she let go of the ball, letting it fall out of her hands as she hugged him back.

"i know. it sucks. i'm sorry." he murmured, resting his chin on her head.

"thank you." she whispered.

"now," he took a step back and placed his hand on her shoulders.

"shoot that ball. third times the charm." he winked, clicking his tongue as he backed up and grabbed the ball.

"alright." she laughed, holding up her hands.

he tossed her the ball and she threw it.

the two of them watched as it went through the hoop.

her mouth fell open as wally jumped up and down.

"WOOO! let's go, june!" he cheered.

wally ran over to her and picked her up by her waist. he spun her around as she laughed loudly.

june placed her hands on his shoulders as she tipped her head back.

he placed her down and clapped.

"see, you're good! next time, we will throw a baseball back and forth." he smiled.

"deal. now, let's go set up the chairs for group." she lightly smacked wally's arm as she walked off.

his smile widened as he followed her.

__________________

juniper listened to mr. martin as he told them his story of nirvana.

juniper was sitting in between maddie and wally.

the circle of chairs was directly over a dim light in the gym.

the windows were colored with a dark orange hue from the outside lights.

the sun had set a while ago.