𝟢𝟢𝟤. 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗐𝖻𝖾𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗏𝖺𝗇𝗂𝗅𝗅𝖺 𝖼𝖺𝗄𝖾

"oh my god. relax, june. it's a completely normal question when you're dead." rhonda rolled her eyes from her seat on top of the counter.

juniper, rhonda, and wally had all gone to one of the, now empty, culinary classrooms. june insisted on baking a cake and sharing it with maddie as a welcome gift.

"i know but give the poor girl a break. she was murdered and doesn't even remember. i mean, did you see her? she's a wreck, i feel so bad." juniper frowned.

"it was probably too traumatic. i'm sure her memory will come back soon and she'll be able to tell us what happened."

"and why on earth do you care so much, ronnie? are you gonna write a book about?" juniper teased, mixing in a couple eggs and some milk into her sugar and flour base.

"maybe. murder mystery lovers would eat it up."

june rolled her eyes.

"why are you so quiet, wally?" rhonda asked, kicking the back of his chair.

he had pulled up a chair to the girls and was now sitting in it with his chest leaning against the back.

he lifted his head from resting on top of his arms only to shrug.

"maybe june's cake will help."

juniper turned around with a big smile.

"see, that is such a good way to look at things. rhonda you should take notes. try to be like wally." she winked at rhonda before turning back around to her cake mix.

"i'd rather die again. thank you."

wally laughed at he as he stood up and walked behind june.

he stood over her, looking over her shoulder at her mixing bowl.

"how many layers are you making it again?" he asked, setting his hands on the counter, close to her hips.

"three. ronnie, please hand me that non-stick spray next to you please." she stuck out her hand.

"thank you, lovely." she mumbled, sitting the mixing bowl down and moving to grease the cake pans.

while she was slightly distracted, wally moved his hand to the bowl. he extended his index finger before dipping it into the bowl.

before he was able to swipe it on the side and collect the batter, june smacked his hand.

without looking up she moved his hand back to his side.

"you are not dipping your finger in that batter. if you want it so bad, you can lick the spoon when i'm done."

"damnit! come on, junebug. please?" he pleaded.

"no." she said, flatly. "why don't you cut these strawberries for me?"

she smiled at him as she sat the container of strawberries on the counter.

"alright but only if i get some cake." he grabbed a knife from the drawer.

"that's only if maddie is willing to share." june shrugged.

"what if she doesn't even want it?" rhonda chimed in.

"can you not be such a buzzkill? for like two seconds?" juniper laughed, setting her hands on the counter.

"i'm just saying. she's already too busy watching all her living people and trying to figure out what happened to her. charley has been following her for the last two days."

"but maybe this cake will help her... i don't know, calm down?" wally said.

"rhonda, take notes." juniper said, laughing.

she then looked over at wally who wasn't cutting the strawberries in the way she wanted.

"no, no, no." she moved over to him, taking the knife and strawberry he was cutting out of his hands.

"what am i doing wrong?" he exclaimed with a laugh, throwing his hand behind his head.

"i wanted them cut longways. to make a triangle shape, walls, not a circle shape." she said, gently, cutting them into her desired shapes.

"well, i'm sorry. you should have been more specific." he smiled, shrugging.

"why don't you put those pans in the oven? you can't possibly mess that up."

he laughed, lightly placing his hands on her waist as he moved past her and over to the oven.

she swallowed and tried to refocus on cutting the strawberries as her cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

rhonda kicked wally in the ribs and he caught her foot as he closed the oven.

she raised her eyebrows and tilted her head towards juniper.

wally cleared his throat and looked towards her.

"um, how long should they be in for, june?"

"uh- about thirty minutes. i'll keep an eye on them."

he nodded as turned the stove timer on.

"you need us for anything else?" he asked.

"no, i'm all good for right now. wally, while i'm finishing up, you should maybe try to find her and talk to her. you know, help her get warmed up to us."

"yeah, ok. i'll tell her your making her a cake." he smiled at her.

"sounds perfect. i'll see you later, walls."

"see you, junebug." he gave her one last smile before walking out of the room.