𝟢𝟢𝟣. 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝖽 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅

"i'm just saying, why can't we bring the meeting out there for just a day? maybe they will finally join in!" juniper donahue pleaded with her 'teacher'.

"here we go." rhonda breathed, rolling her eyes.

"all i'm saying is we go out there and put the chairs out there where they play for a meeting. ask them to join. maybe if they see us, they will want to join."

"stop trying to include the band freaks. you don't have to try and include everyone, june." rhonda told her.

"no, i like that she tries." wally clark smiled, dribbling a basketball.

"of course you do, corndog."

"ronnie, leave him alone. anyways mr. martin, i just think we should try it."

"june, we already have tried to talk to them. they don't want to and that's ok. we can't make them do anything." mr. martin shrugged.

juniper huffed, slumping back in her chair and crossing her arms.

"besides, we should have someone new joining us today. charley said he was going to bring her."

"oh great, a new dead girl." rhonda said, sarcastically.

"you know, ronnie, it wouldn't kill you to smile every once and a while." june sat up and leaned towards her.

rhoda gave the fakest smile june had ever seen which made her roll her eyes and smile herself.

juniper looked over to the group of living boys who were playing basketball. she saw charley walk in with the new dead girl.

"there she is." she whispered.

her eyes sparkled as if she was looking at a beautiful sunset.

"all right everyone! let's get started." mr martin said and gestured for wally to sit down with everyone.

june smiled at him as he sat down next to her.

she's pretty mouthed june, gesturing to the short haired blonde.

wally shrugged before crossing his arms over his chest.

mr martin asked to introduce herself.

"i'm, uh, madison nears, but everyone calls me maddie."

"hi, maddie." june smiled as she and everyone else said that together.

mr. martin said a couple other things before asking her to tell the group how her day was going.

"how'd you die?" rhonda asked, flatly.

juniper's eyes widened as she glared at rhonda.

"ok, rhonda. why don't we try to raise our hands if we're going ask a question?" mr. martin told her as she rolled her eyes and placed her lollipop back into her mouth.

"uh, one minute i was ditching study hall, and then the next, i'm here." maddie said, nervously fiddling with her hands. "but i don't know who did this to me."

"oh, you were murdered." wally said.

juniper kicked him in the shin and shook her head.

"ow!"

"welcome to the club." rhonda said in a sarcastic tone.

"guys! i'm sure that's not helping." juniper sighed before looking over at maddie.

"can we maybe exchange names first so maddie feels a little more welcome?" mr. martin asked, looking around.

"i don't know, exactly." maddie said.

the entire group stared at her.

"exactly?" juniper echoed.

"look, they haven't found my body yet. but i know that there was blood on the walls of the boiler room, and i'm here now."

"huh." wally looked at her.

"huh? what's huh?"

"uh..."

"what? is that weird or something? not knowing?" maddie asked and juniper and charley exchanged glances with mr. martin.

"well, it's a first." charley told her.

"so then what do you remember, cherry pop?"

"rhonda, i don't think she wants to talk about it." juniper whispered to the girl next to her.

june looked at the blonde who was zoned out, staring at the floor.

"alright, i think that's enough for today. same time tomorrow everyone." mr. martin stood up and began talking to another student.

juniper stood up she wanted to talk to maddie but decided to wait.

"ok, i'm gonna to the kitchen to see if i can cook up anything. wanna come with?" she asked, looking at rhonda and wally.

"yeah, sure!" wally smiled, jumping up.

"alright." rhonda sighed, pushing herself out of her chair.