ACT 1 CH 8

"If I

"If I..were to chop you up in a meat grinder, and the only thing that came out were your eyes, you're probably dead!" —THE MEAT GRINDER, japanesecoffee

  I was running to my next mission when I  bumped into someone. My back felt lighter, for I had to let Kokushibo return to his duties. I steadied myself and caught the person's arm to make sure they didn't fall.

   "Are you alright?" I quickly released their arm to get a better look at them. It was a male, around my age it seemed, wearing a Demon Slayer uniform paired with a light, minty green haori with red clouds on it. 

   "Yes, I'm alright. How about you?" He responded while dusting himself off. "I'm great." I nodded at him. "I see you're part of the Demon Slayer Corps. What is your name a breathing technique you use?" I questioned curiously.

   "My name is Kazu Tanaka. I use Cloud breathing." Kazu said curtly. He seemed as though he didn't want to talk to me and looked like someone who was quiet. I didn't care, though.

   "Really? That's really cool! My name is Arashi Khumito and I use Storm breathing," I introduce myself and smile, sidestepping a little past him.

   "It was fun meeting you, but I have a mission I need to be at, so if I could just.." I gestured towards the direction I needed to go and he nodded with a dry smile, understanding the importance of missions.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗミ★

   I looked around before placing a tentative step on the ground. Before me was a mountain, presumably the one where the demons were. It had occurred to me that either there were too many demons here, or it was a very powerful demon for three Hashira to be dispatched here.

   When I walked farther into the forest surrounding the mountain's base, more and more spiderwebs seemed to fill the area. I grit my teeth and kept slicing through the webs. I hated spiders. I was terrified of them, making this the absolute worst mission to be sent on.

   "This is a bitch~ this is a bitch~" I hummed to myself as I walked around. I began to notice bodies of dead Demon Slayers in trees, their necks twisted. I furrowed my brow and frowned, bowed, then continued on my way.

   After a little while, I reached a clearing. It was oddly quiet which caused me to unsheathe my katana and take cautious steps. I kept my head on swivel and my ears out. I heard a sound from behind me, like the sound of a whip slicing through the air. I whipped around and swung, effectively slicing a thread that was coming for my head.

   I stepped back and looked at the demon behind it. Surprisingly, there were two demons there. I squinted trying to read their eyes for any numbers. One seemed normal, but had a terrifying aura, and the other..

   "Kumo?.."

   The seemingly normal demon pulled Kumo closer to himself, glaring at me. "So, you know each other, little Demon Slayer?" My eye hardened right back at him as I got into a better fighting position. 

   "Huh. So you do. What's your name?" He tilted his head condescendingly, but he had the look of a child that looked around Kumo's height. "I'm Arashi, Arashi Khumito. Who are you?" I asked cooly. 

   "My name is Rui, and you pesky slayers have come and disrupted me and my family's home." Rui slid an arm around Kumo's waist to hold him to his side while he spoke. Kumo jolted from the contact but bit his lip nervously and looked back and forth between me and Rui.

   "Your family?" I echoed, lowering my katana with a confused stare. "You..have a family?" Rui opened his mouth to speak when a crashing sound interrupted him, causing us to look in the direction of the noise. 

   "What was that? Another slayer?" Rui frowned and watched as I ran back to go check with my katana at the ready. I brushed past the brush and trees, happening upon a figure that looked very familiar to me. "Kamado-kun? What.."

   I stepped back and glanced towards the clearing. The two demons hadn't moved, in fact, Kumo looked to be sleeping and comfortable with his head on Rui's shoulder in his arms. I looked at them with a strange gaze but shrugged and turned back to Tanjiro. 

   "Khumito-san!" Tanjiro exclaimed with a smile despite his mild injuries. "Shh.." I put my finger to my lips and gestured with my head at the two demons who were embracing each other. 

   "Be careful, one's Lower Moon Six, and the other one seems pretty powerful." I warned, walking back into the clearing and snickering at Tanjiro's widened eyes. "W-wait! I—uh, you be careful, too.." He mumbled, releasing the edge of my sleeve he's grabbed onto.

   "You're not going to come and help?" I asked sarcastically as I walked back to the pair who had noticed us. "So, you're back. With a friend or something more?" Rui questioned with a cold look. Gone was the sliver of slight friendliness he had shown to me, replaced by a harsh tone.

   Me and Tanjiro started to protest, but got cut off by a random person who spoke. "Hah, two demons? They look pretty weak to me. What's taking you guys so long?" It was arrogant and cocky, and the person who owned it stepped in to view. "Don't—!" I shouted to no avail as me and Tanjiro could only watch the slayer get sliced into pieces.

   I winced and bowed towards the body. Rui looked us over. "You, girl, I'm going to offer you something," he started out in a compromising tone. "I'm going to offer you the chance to either stay and lose your life, or leave and live. The choice is yours."

   I was..surprised. A demon had never willingly let me go before (besides Kumo) and usually when they did, it was a trap. "Are you sure?" Tanjiro looked a little hurt that I would even consider the offer, but I knew deep down he would've been thinking about it as well were he in my shoes.

   Kumo nodded. "Yes, he's being honest. Go, before he changes his mind," he urged, waving me away. "Kamado-kun, will you be able to take them?" I asked, worried that he would be mauled and cut up into pieces for a family meal. "Yeah. I've got Nezuko with me. It'll be a two on two battle."

   I hesitantly stepped back, but turned and ran with a new mission: find Giyu. 

٩(ᐛ)و

FINALLY A NEW CHAPTER WOOOO

I haven't written in so long I feel like

I have so many scenarios but MY BOOKS ARENT FAR ENOUGH YET (;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')

Go check out 'writing ideas'! It's a new book I put out for (you guessed it) all the random scenes that might be put into my books. Only one chapter thingy out right now

Byeee see you guys in the next hundred years (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ