FLASHBACK

The past I used to know, a dream -Miss Wanna Die   3rd person

   3rd person

   She was abandoned by her parents at one year old, left with her brother Sabito to take care of her. He was like a young father figure to her, and he was the only family she had left. Unfortunately, Sabito was only five at the time, so they struggled to get food.

   One day, five years later, Sabito came running back to their little shelter saying, "Giro, Giro, wake up!" Giro groaned and sat up groggily. "What, Sabito." She said, rubbing her eyes. "A nice man says he's gonna take us in!" Giro woke up immediately and said, "Really?! That's amazing! What's his name?"

   Sabito's face went blank as he tried his best to remember. "Uhhhhhhh, Ichibachi??? Urukani???" He thought really hard then said, "Odasaku-" "It's Urokodaki, child." A voice said as a hand lightly hit Sabito on the head. "AHHH! Oh, sorry sir! You startled me." Sabito said turning around to face the man.

   "Uhh, Sabito, are you sure this is him? He looks kinda creepy,' Giro whispered the last part. "Yup, this is him! He lives at the base of a mountain." Giro had her doubts, but the offer of eating an actual meal was very tempting. So they went with Urokodaki to his little hut at the base of Mt. Sagiri.

   They lived with Urokodaki for a long time, and Urokodaki taught them how to use swords and fight against man-eating demons. Soon after, another girl came. Her name was Makomo. She was very agile, and the three of them clicked instantly.

   "Urokodaki-san mentioned something called 'Final Selection'" "Ooh, I wonder what that is." The three kids were eating in a clearing with a boulder they had found a few moths ago. It was their favorite place to go and just talk. "It's a place you go when you want to become a demon slayer, but it's far too dangerous for kids your age." Urokodaki says, stepping out of the forest. "Come on, Urokodaki-san! I'm probably old enough to go!" Sabito whined.

   Urokodaki came over and put his hand on the boulder. "If you want to go, I'll let you. If you can slice this boulder in two." The children were shocked. Urokodaki then left, leaving the kids to talk about what he had just told them. "How...how are we supposed to cut this?! That's...that's impossible!" Giro exclaimed while jumping off the boulder and looking at it.

   "We can't give up. Not everything is impossible." Makomo said while also coming over to Giro to look at the boulder. They were all getting older, and so with that, they were getting stronger. "Y'know what, let's go ask Urokodaki-san when the next Final Selection is!" Giro suggested. The other two agreed and so they went back to the little hut.

   "Hey, Urokodaki-san? When's the next Final Selection?" Sabito asked, poking his head into the house. "It's not for another year." He replied. Sabito drew his head back and walked to where the others were. "So?" Makomo asked. "He said it's not for another year." Sabito sighed and looked determinedly towards the direction of the boulder.