Chapter 7 Working with the head elf, Santa orders

While Bernard and I were sitting in the room waiting for someone to give us away from leaving the room. Bernard was sitting at his desk seeing if he could try to get some work done and as for me I was sitting on my bed still trying to get my wings to work. After maybe an hour of both of us struggling, Santa had walked into the room.

"I suggest that you follow Bernard around while he works. I am not risking you two being separated from each other just in case you two are soulmates." Santa Suggested that as he began to leave the room.

Bernard and I just looked at each other before we went back to doing our own thing. The thought of following someone around all day just because of the soulmate thing. Eventually I had to put my book down and follow because I noticed that Bernard is important here. Not as important as Santa but still. While we were walking I noticed that Christmas was very important to kids but yet fairies can't celebrate it.

" Wow, there is a lot on Christmas isn't there?" I asked as I followed Bernard.

"Fairies don't really celebrate Christmas, like at all?" asked Bernard as he was checking on the elves. 

"No, Fairies only celebrate valentine's day." I replied back to him.

We walked more through the workshop and I could tell that Bernard was starting to feel sad for the fairies. He even mentioned that he would show me what Christmas was like. I can't wait to see what Christmas is actually like and see what the fun and excitement was about it. 

"Well, While Santa is delivering gifts for the night, I will show you what Christmas is like." Bernard mentioned that as we walked into our room. Hate that we have to share a room but like Santa said it's for the best right now. 

Me and Bernard sat in the room for a while since all the work was done and we were waiting for Santa to tell us that he is leaving. As soon as we were told that Santa was leaving, Bernard made hot chocolate for me and gave me a present. I didn't know what to do about that because I have never gotten a present before. I looked at it for at least five minutes before Bernard explained what I needed to do with the present. I then opened the box and I saw that one thing that I have been since I was little. It was a locket necklace that had a picture of my Parents which I am guessing he got the picture from Draco.

  "Whoa, a locket? I have been wanting to have one made so bad! thank you Bernard!" I said as I hugged him. This is the first time that either of us had gotten a hug and with that we quickly stopped hugging then went to check on the other elves making sure that everyone was getting a break along with doing their job. An Elves job is never done just like fairies.

To be honest, working beside Bernard shows that Christmas was very important but if I could show him what working with fairies was like. I could also see a little bit of jealousy from him. According to other elves he never gets like that, one elf said that it's because Curtis, who is younger than him, has a daughter named snowflake. Bernard has been waiting way too long for his soulmate and nothing meanwhile Curtius has his soulmate and a daughter who has her soulmate now. But I guess since I am the queen, Draco can not get married until I am married. I wonder who made that rule. But from my understanding it was made by a pass queen which means i cannot change the rule sadly. I also noticed that Charlie was here and I am not sure why. While I was talking to one of the elves, Bernard went to talk to Charlie about something if only I knew what it was.

After A while, I went back to the room, where I found Curtis, Snowflake and Draco standing with the product that was needed to reveal my soulmate. Meanwhile Bernard went to Draco and Mrs.Clause after talking with Charlie, i wonder what's got him to ask them a bunch of questions. I took the product from them and thanked them for bringing it to me. But I only stuck the product in my drawers because I was not ready to use the product just yet. Everyone went about their day. The elves were taking some time to themself because they worked so hard for this day. I was just thinking about the fairies and what could have been done. At one point i noticed that my leg went numb and I called out to Draco who helped me to the bed/

"Fauna, what happened?" asked Draco after he stepped back.

"My legs went numb. I can't walk right now." I replied as I sat on the bed looking at the floor. 

"Maybe your soulmate really is Bernard or your wings don't work yet?" Mentioned Draco as he sat in the chair across from me.

"My wings don't work yet and they won't start until I find my soulmate." I mentioned as I reached into the drawer and grabbed the product out. 

I just stared at the product until they brought Bernard in who was not able to walk either. At this point it was time to stop sitting here. I had to do this otherwise we both are going to be in trouble. We can't walk already. He struggled with his job and i can't fly ugh this is annoying but I can't sit here now. I opened the product and rubbed it on my arm. It feels like lotion and is used like lotion but it's not lotion. As soon as the product was rubbed in on my arm the name started to appear.

BERNARD IS MY SOULMATE!