Christmas

"Oh, darling!" Narcissa said as she went on her knees to hug Draco. She broke the hug and cupped Draco's face with a fond smile "You have grown up!" she said as she kissed Draco's cheeks making Draco go red. "Mum" Draco whined when theo snickered. 

"Narcissa we are in public," Lucius said from the side but his voice held more amusement than disapproval. "Hush it Lucius, it's been months since I last saw my boy," she said and patted Draco's hair. "How have you been darling?" she asked. "Good," Draco said feeling nervous. Narcisa smiled and stood up, her eyes went to Theo "Oh, Theodore, my apologies, hello, how are you?" she said kindly. 

Theo smiled politely "I've been great Miss Malfoy, thank you," he said, "I saw your parents a couple of compartments ahead, Theo," she said, Theo nodded "Okay thank you," he said. 

"See you later Draco," he said flashing Draco a grin, Draco rolled his eyes when Theo swaggered away. "Let us go home now," Lucius said. He forwarded his elbow and Narcissa held onto it holding Draco's hand as well. 

"Ready?" Lucius asked, "yes" Narcissa answered and they apparated to the manor. The Malfoy manor was usually scary and cold looking but during Christmas, the house elves go all out in decoration. Draco loved Christmas, he did. All the trees in the Malfoy garden were covered with snow, lamps were floating at the pathway to the door. The entrance was decorated with garlands. Draco grinned and went inside. 

The house elves hurried over to their owners, they took Draco's bag and asked if they could serve them with anything. "Not right now, but start preparing the dinner" Narcissa ordered them and they nodded enthusiastically at the task. Draco would never understand how doing a chore would bring them so much happiness. 

The Malfoys went over and sat in their living which was also decorated with Christmas decorations, on the side was a huge Christmas tree. There was one Christmas tree in almost every room every year. 

"So how have you been darling," Narcissa asked smiling at Draco. "Well I have way too much to tell you," he said and started on all the bizarre things that were happening at hogwarts, he purposely left out the three-headed dog part since they needn't know that. "A troll? Thats barbaric! How could the headmaster be so careless!" Narcissa fussed. 

"That old rot is good for nothing, I must talk with the minister regarding this," Lucius said sneering at the thought of Dumbledore. Draco nodded, "Harry and Weasley took down the troll out of sheer dumb luck if you ask me" 

"You mean Harry Potter right?" Narcissa asked, Draco nodded then bit his lip "he's my friend, I didn't mention it in the letters because I wanted to ask in person, is it alright if I associate with him?" he asked feeling afraid of the answer. What if his father denied it, what would he do then? 

"you have many friends Draco, all purebloods why do you need to associate with a half-breed like... Harry Potter" his father said saying the name with slight disgust. "I..." Draco trailed off, what was he supposed to say? That this friendship could potentially keep all of them alive? 

"What is he like?" Narcissa asked carefully, Draco looked at her "Good, too good-well i mean like nice, he's way too nice, i wonder how he got sorted in Slytherin with that personality of his, he's friends with Weasley and a mud-muggle-born girl granger, it drives me nuts-" 

"Mudbloods?" his father asked narrowing his eyes in disapproval.  

 "you know that being close to someone as known as Harry Potter could potentially cause you a lot of trouble right?" his mother asked her face going serious. Draco went silent not knowing what to say. "I...I will be careful" Draco said with pleading eyes. 

"He associates with mudbloods you said? Not to mention the Weasleys, if you befriend him, you'd be surrounded by such....filth as well, do you want that for yourself Draco? A Malfoy never associates with mud bloods" Lucius spoke with a hard voice. Draco looked at his hands in his lap feeling his chest hollow, this was it. "Harry Potter is the reason he is dead Lucius" Narcissa's voice filled the silence. Draco looked up at his parents sharing unknown looks, as if having a conversation with their eye contact. 

"If it weren't for Harry Potter, he would still be here and you would be serving him, would you want that?" his mother asked sternly, merlin his mother was scary. His father looked at his mother with an astonished look on his face seeming speechless. They were talking about the dark lord, he knew they were. 

Lucius sighed looking away from his wife, "I am not against Harry Potter, I don't want my son associating with mud bloods and blood traitors, is that so bad?" he asked still not looking at his wife. 

"Draco knows better than doing that, you know that Lucius, have some faith in our son" she argued.  His father closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Fine, I'll allow your friendship with Potter, but only him, if I see you getting close with the Weasleys-" he stared but was stopped by a sudden collapse on his body. "I won't Father, I promise! Thank you!" Draco said clutching his father happily who patted his head awkwardly. 

"Yes, don't lose your composure Draco, malfoys dont-"  

"-let their emotions get the better of themselves, I know Father I promise I won't," Draco said breaking the hug and going to sit next to his mother again with a huge grin. 

 "Now all this is settled, tell me Draco, Is he a good friend of yours?" Narcissa asked looking at Draco. "Well I..." he said looking down "he's not like the other friends I have, he's annoying most of the time, which really pisses me off. He is nice to everybody, literally mother, he smiles at students from other houses, it's unbearable at times, I don't know how I tolerate it most of the time" Draco ranted with a scowl.

"and yet you want to be his friend?" she asked raising a brow. "its-well, I don't know, it's different it's annoying but also i-i don't, well I like being around him" he stammered and he only hoped that his face didn't go red as it usually did.

"I had a friend like that once" Narcissa started, "he was the same, annoying but I liked being around him," she said with a sly smile. Draco looked at his father who had his eyes narrowed and was looking at his wife suspiciously.

"Really?"

"yes, you call him father," she said and grinned. Draco let out a sudden laugh and laughed louder looking at his father's surprised face. "you do enjoy tormenting me don't you Narcissa?" Lucius asked shaking his head but Draco could see a smile on his face. "Oh, it's a favourite hobby of mine love," his mother said with a laugh. The rest of the evening went perfectly, Draco no longer was anxious about talking to his parents about Harry. It was great. 

He didn't know how his father agreed, maybe his mother had more influence on his father than he thought she had. It was brilliant. 

Draco never had more difficulty deciding on a gift, usually, his mother would pick out the gifts to send his friends (unless it was someone close like Theo, then Draco bought it on its own) but he was having the utmost difficulty deciding the gift for Harry. Draco knew it needed to be perfect because Potter was an unusual human, he didn't thrive on materialistic things like his other friends 

For instance, give Crabbe and Goyle sweets and they would lick your toes, give Blaise some fashionable clothing, and he's happy, give the females like Daphne or Pansy ("do we have to buy one for her?" "Yes Draco Parkinson's are family friends") some jewellery they'd be glad, give theo some ancient and rare book, he's a sucker for those, but what on earth would harry freaking potter want!

"How about one of those Vicuña wool jumpers i bought you last year?" his mother suggested. "No mum, he wouldn't even know the value of it, he's really dense," Draco said looking through all the gift items. "Draco, its nice you want it to be perfect but darling we have been here for more than two hours, we should head home, it'll be dark soon," Narcissa said shaking her head. 

Draco ignored his mother and kept looking through the items when something caught his eye and he grinned. He picked it up "this!" he showed his mother. She smiled and let out a breath of relief, "this is perfect darling" she said and Draco grinned as they went over to the counter to purchase the gifts. 

The gift Draco bought for Harry wasn't the best but harry would like it anyway, he knew that. Harry never really knew any members of his family except that rotten aunt of his. So draco decided to gift him a book (yes a book) regarding the entire history of potters. As they were a old wizarding family which also happened to be famous because of Potter's grandfather it wasn't hard to find it. Not to mention the association of pervells with the potters. 

Oh if only his father knew that harry was a descendant of the Pervells. 

__________________________