Hogwarts

"Ugh where are those two blunderbusses," Draco said scanning the crowd behind them for Crabbe and Goyle. "They won't arrive until they've picked up all of their dropped candies," Theo said as they walked to the boats.

"Nimwits" Draco grumbled. In the crowd, he saw bright red hair, a couple of them to be certain. He also saw that scarhead next to the Weasley. Draco scowled when he saw them laughing. Theo poked him in the arm to tell him to look at the front.

Draco's eyes widened as he saw the narrow path open suddenly onto the edge of a great black lake. Perched atop a high mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky was a vast castle with many turrets and towers. "No more'n four to a boat!" Hagrid called, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore.

Theo and Draco sat in a boat. Draco's eyes widened slightly when he saw pansy parkinson look at him, the girl shrieked and tried to get past to get on their boat.

"No no no, hide me," Draco said. Theo laughed "She already saw you." he said. Draco scowled at him. Pansy Parkinson was Draco's childhood friend, more of a menace rather than a friend, she always went on about how she was going to marry Draco and was going to become a Malfoy. Even his mother didn't like the girl.

"that girl will never be my daughter in law"

His mother always said. Honestly, according to the diary, Pansy and he dated in the sixth year, and Draco felt as if someone told him he'd marry a Muggle. Why on earth would his other self date PANSY? Was he crazy? 

"Aight go in" he heard Hagrid's voice when he pushed two boys into their boat. Draco's eyes widened to see Weasley and Potter. Potter grinned to see him.

"No! I wanted to sit with Draco! get them off!" Pansy yelled at Hagrid. Draco let out a breath of relief when Hagrid denied it.

Theo patted Draco on the back, "You were saved today"

"yeah," Draco said grinning, then looked at Harry. "Oh yeah, Theo, this is Harry Potter. Harry, meet Theo nott," Draco said introducing his two friends and completely ignoring Ronald. Theo raised his eyebrows at Draco.

"Hullo" Hary said, "Potter" Theo greeted. "that day draco, you were about to tell me how we were sorted" Harry asked when the boats started. Draco nodded and opened his mouth to speak but Weasley cut him off much to his annoyance "Oh! Fred said some sort of test that hurts a lot," he spoke.

Draco snorted. "something funny malfoy?" Weasley snapped. "you're a dunderhead, sorting hat decides the house"

"Sorting hat?" Harry asked.

"You'll see, it's not a test or anything like Weasley said," Draco said mocking Ron who went red. Harry nodded feeling a little relieved. "Although the sorting hat can be persuaded did you know?" Theo spoke suddenly, mostly to Draco. Draco raised a brow asking him to continue. Both Potter and Weasley were listening as well. Theo shrugged "Apparently if it wants to put you in some house you don't want, you can ask it to put you in the house of your choice, although I don't think it works all the time," he said. 

"And how do you know that?" Draco asked narrowing his eyes. Theo grinned "My mum was almost a Ravenclaw but she asked it to put her in Slytherin and well rest is history" he spoke. Draco absorbed that information, he didn't know that. 

"I won't need to perseduate it of course, I know I am going to be a Slytherin" draco said proudly. Theo huffed. He saw Weasley give Potter a 'told you so' look. "that's nice, I don't know what house I'll be in" Potter said "Please potter you're nothing but a Gryffindor" Draco told him. "how can you be so sure" potter asked.