5 •An Eye For An Eye

Ciel Phantomhive

"I guess you do take after your parents."

"Bloody bitch."

•••

It was deadly silent, as if not a soul were around.

The Earl stared at his deck of cards, keeping his expression neutral.
The Queen was dirty, not that many would would suspect such a thing.

She played dirty, unfair, and used her title to her advantage.

The boy was fair in comparison to the thing's she'd do to get her way.

The previous rounds had been quite intense.

They'd eventually agreed for the score to settle for 725, since there were high bets on the line.

A soul, a contract, a hand in marriage, and whatever he wished.

So far, the Queen was in the lead, with the Earl closely following behind, and then the demon butler, and last, the Lady, who looked fairly fed up with the game.

She'd cursed at one point, nearly throwing her cards as the Queen single handedly dominated her.

It surprised the young boy of how pitiful the demon was when it came to playing cards.

He felt a slight fleeting moment of pity for his butler, until the demon tapped the table in a unique pattern and nearly had a card flying towards his neck.

He glanced up at the Queen's calm expression as she drew an ace of hearts, turning her gaze to the demon who frowned, pulling out a seven.

The boy's face didn't change as he drew a three and glanced at the Lady who slammed down a queen card.

Pity.

The demon had already drawn the King of Hearts before, so if only she'd drawn it after the it were taken...

"It must be nice, being without work?" Elizabeth suddenly chirped, keeping her eyes on the cards as the Queen dragged them to the side of her.

The Phantomhive raised an eyebrow but didn't speak, watching as the Queen pulled out a ten of diamonds.

Sebastian pulled out a spade, which made the boy's brows twitch at the action.

They barely met eyes, yet it felt as if they'd fight tooth and nail with each other if the other did something disrespectful to them.

"Yes. The boy knows what it's like, doesn't he?" The Queen chuckled as she slid her gaze to the blue eyed boy who, with much force than necessary, slammed down a seven of diamonds.

Damned hag...

"Yes. I'm afraid I'm so used to being without work that I've grown lazy, and I suppose I've even put on a few pounds."

There wasn't any mistaking the jab he threw towards the Queen, and her lips turned downwards as she stared at him.

Elizabeth stared at her cards for a moment before drawing a two of diamonds.