4 •Dangerous Bets

Ciel Phantomhive

"You bet your life, yet never said what you wanted, Phantomhive."

"You'll see."

•••

"Sebastian."

The Young Lord was staring at the window in his office, behind his desk and watching intently, as if he were waiting for something.

It'd been a week since his birthday, and the little Earl was quite an impatient being.

He heard shuffling, not averting his gaze as he held his cane in his right hand, his eyes narrowing as he watched a carriage pull up in front of the manor.

"Did you send word for the Queen?"

"Yes, My Lord."

The boy's lips curled as he watched the ball of excitement leave the carriage, not even bothering on waiting on her maid as she scurried forward, holding her bundle of dresses and flashing her pale ankles.

"Then it's all set."

He turned from the window, his hair pulled back cleanly and he looked regal, his figure exuding authority as he stared at the demon.

He was dressed in a white, fluffed button up shirt again, tucked neatly into his cropped black shorts.
His neck doned a shimmering azure gem, small yet rectangular and he had on a deep, ocean colored tail coat, the color matching the color of his little heels.

He waited.
And waited.

And there it was, the sound of her heels clip clopping up his stairs, directly to his study.

His eyes narrowed slightly as he turned to face the door, fully behind his desk.

He took noticed of the demon silently slinking to his side behind the desk, either to avoid the Lady or simply out of courtesy.

"Ciel~!" The doors burst open and the Lady spun inside, nearly tripping over her large abundance of clothes.

She wore white today, her hair up and she doned a huge smile.

"My darling Ciel, you've finally called on me," she squeezed her gloved hands together slightly, her joy nearly bouncing off of the smaller males face.

He was astonished that they were nearly the same height, the Lady only being a couple of inches taller.

"Elizabeth."

She hummed, advancing to his desk so that they were closer than he'd like.

"Would you like to accompany me to the Queen?" He asked, placing both of his hands on his cane.

She blinked once.

And then again, her face becoming one of confusion.

"What?"

He let out a small scoff, his gaze flicking to her light green eyes.

"I need you."

Blunt or manipulative, choose whichever one you think.
The Earl was a master at lying, and especially when it came to manipulating those he needed.
It wouldn't hurt the young Lady, not his plan. As much as she irritated him, he wouldn't let her get hurt on his own hands.

Her face flushed and she pushed a strand of her blonde her back, her teeth gleaming in the morning light.

"What...? You mean it?" She whispered, averting her gaze for a moment before looking back at him.