2 •A Glass or Two

Ciel Phantomhive

"Careful with your words, bocchan. One might misunderstand them."

"Let them misunderstand. I'll show them that I mean exactly what I say."

•••

His birthday was long and dragged out.

Lady Elizabeth had now arrived.

The young Earl sat in his office, spinning a feather on his fingers rather effortlessly.

He was so deep in thought that he hadn't noticed the hard stare his butler was sending him.

Maybe he was wondering why his Young Lord was in his office when he had three free days?

Perhaps out of habit?

He often came to his study when he was frustrated, and buried himself in his work to process his thoughts.

"Sebastian."

A blue azure eye slowly slid from the quilt intertwined in his fingers to his loyal butler, who was at once, bowed before his desk.

"My Lord?"

The boy sat back, leaning his head against his chair.

He had so many thoughts, yet none at all. So many questions, but most unanswered.

"Haven't you grown tired of serving me?" His voice was calm, steady, as if he were asking for his schedule.

"I am your servant, Master, as are all the others, we loyally serve our Lord."

The boys eyes narrowed.

That wasn't an answer.

He sighed, closing his eye as he set down the inked feather as he rested his chin on the palm of his hand.

He wanted to say something, but didn't know exactly what.

"My Lord..."

The boy barely lifted his lashes.

"Lady Elizabeth wishes to see you."

"Tell her the feeling isn't mutual."

He heard a low chuckle, and slowly, he opened his eye fully to see the demon standing before him.

"She is quite insistent."

"So am I."

The demons lips quirked upwards.

"Why is it that you wish to not see Lady Elizabeth? She is your cousin, and she wishes to spend time with you on your birthday."

The boy scowled, clicking his tongue as he sat back rather harshly in his chair.

"I merely wish to spend my birthday in peace. I haven't time for headaches, nor her endless yapping."

The demon bowed his head slightly, placing his hand over the place where his heart lied with his usual demeanor.

"I'll try my best, My Lord."

"Do your best." He snapped.

Such a foul mouthed child.

He saw the butlers lips curve upwards once more before quickly falling as he turned and left.

The boy stood up, feeling some sort of emotion well up in his chest.

It was similar to pride.

Like he was proud of making that blasted demon smile.

He shook his head, pushing his bangs back as he turned and stood next to his window, staring down with a blank expression.