PR Stunt - Part 1

"Why does it feel like we're going to the principal office?" Y/N asked.

Y/N and Travis were walking towards her boss's office. It's not unusual to go to her office. It's rare they're going together. Y/N'e heart raced with fear and anticipation.

"What did you do? Did you rat me out for something? Because if you did, we need to get our stories straight," Travis teased with a light chuckle.

Y/N looked up and glared at him. She ignored the playful spark in his beautiful eyes. "No! I didn't do anything! Did you?" She whispered yelled.

"I'm kidding!" Travis chuckled as he playfully nudged her shoulder with his. He immediately regretted it as soon as he did it. He meant it as a playful flirt move, but what if she didn't think it was nice? Or cute?

Y/N groaned in frustration. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her in for a small side hug. She leaned into his touch, loving how perfect she fit with Travis.

"I'm sure everything is fine," he reassured her with a kiss on top of her forehead.

The door to the office flung open, revealing a very pissed off Joanne. "You're late. Get in."

Y/N pulled away from Travis as if he was acid. She walked straight into her boss's office and sat in one of the chairs in front of the desk. Travis sat next to her as Joanne closed the door.

Y/N's anxiety worsened. Joanne's door closed only when she meant business with employees and clients. Someone was in trouble. Or worse getting fired.

"It's come to my attention that you two are an item," Joanne didn't hesitate to get straight to the point.

Travis smirked. Y/N's jaw dropped in absolute shock.

"And you know my number one rule with this PR agency, Y/N. Employees do not get romantically involved with the clients."

"Joanne, it's not-"

"It's messy and not to mention extremely unprofessional," Joanne cut off Y/N and continued. "Rumors start flying. Employees start questioning things. Current clients will question our integrity. Potential clients won't want to work with us. In the end, I'm the one that loses. Because it's my business. Not yours."

"Joanne," Y/N's eyes welled up.

Travis' hand curled into a tight fist. He hated Joanne's words affecting Y/N. Didn't Joanne know Y/N's a kindhearted person with a heart of gold? And sometimes words like that can easily break her because she cares too much and tends to put others before herself?

"I promise you we're not dating," Y/N said honestly.

"Perfect. This will make this so much easier."

Y/N's heart dropped as Joanne finally sat behind her desk. Y/N believed someone was going to get fired or worse Travis would be "traded" to another publicist. Not only would Y/N lose her number one client but she would lose Travis.

Since Travis signed with Joanne's PR firm, he picked to work with Y/N. Within the year, they've gotten closer. Between his football games, his charity events, and attending other events, how could they not? They spent more time together than they did with their own families and friends. They became best friends. They knew each other better than anyone else. It was inevitable that they would grow close.

Joanne pulled out two folders and handed one to each of them. "I spoke to other agents on the team. More specifically with agents who have female clients, who are single and are willing to be in a relationship with Travis."

"I'm sorry what?" Y/N's heart sank.

"No," Travis said firmly.

"It's not for debate, Travis," Joanne said. "Everyone believes you two are in this whirlwind secret romance. Setting up Travis with a relationship would immediately shut down those rumors. It's a PR stunt. It's foolproof. It works every time."

"Oh," Y/N said quietly. She opened the folder and the first eligible bachelorette was none other than Taylor Swift.