Jealously

It was everywhere.

On every social media outlet.

TikTok. Twitter. Instagram. Facebook.

It took over every sport broadcast.

ESPN. FOX Sports. NFL.

Every blog. Every journalism website.

E! People. US Weekly. TMZ.

Taylor Swift was sitting next to Mama Kelce in Travis Kelce's suite for his football game earlier today before they drove off in his 1970 Chevelle 408 Stroker Convertible to end the night.

Y/N couldn't take her eyes off all the videos and photos of her best friend being completely smitten with America's favorite Pop singer. She read all the comments, where literally everyone was shipping this new relationship. People were saying she's the one for him. This could be it for her. Travis is the perfect man for Taylor. They would get married and have beautiful tall babies.

Her heart ached after every comment, video, and picture. She had never seen her best friend happier than today and it killed her. He never once looked that happy with her in all the years they've known each other.

It's almost 2AM when her phone vibrated in her hands. A picture of her and Travis from halloween a couple of years ago lit up, signaling an incoming FaceTime call.

"I just had the best day and night of my life," Travis beamed while laying  in his bed. "Hell, best weekend ever!"

"Is that why you had to double check if I could go to your game today?" Y/N asked.

Travis noticed the sharpness in her voice. He sat up and leaned back on the headboard. "What?" He asked, confused.

"When you asked me earlier this week if I still wasn't going to your Sunday game when you already knew I couldn't because of my family reunion, did you double check my schedule so you can give my credentials to her?"

Travis' eyebrows furrowed, still not following why his best friend was upset. If anything, he thought she would be thrilled he finally got to hang out with his crush, Taylor.

"Well, yeah," he answered honestly. "I know I tell you everything, but I couldn't tell you about Taylor."  A sharp pain coursed through Y/N's heart at his words.

Travis continued, "At least not yet because I wasn't too sure if anything would happen once we exchanged numbers last week. Then, she said she wanted to come to my game on Sunday. I was already maxed out on my credentials. So, I figured if you couldn't go, I'd give her yours," Travis shrugged, thinking it was no big deal. "I mean I didn't think it would be a problem since you would be with your family at the park.

Y/N's heart broke. A small part of her had hoped he would come to his senses and realize he also had feelings for her. Then, they live happily ever after spending the rest of their lives together.

However, she felt utterly stupid for thinking someone as wonderful, handsome, and famous as Travis would ever want to be with someone like Y/N. A normal girl that no one knew about. Guys like Travis deserved to be dating and falling in love with world pop singers that literally everyone loves.

No one knew Y/N. Travis fans just saw her as his best friend from high school. That's it. No one shipped her with him like the fans shipped him with every famous girl he's dated.

Now, she suddenly felt she was being replaced. He gave away her credentials to Taylor. Would that happen every week now? What's next? Would Travis take her out on Tuesdays - his days off from work instead of taking Y/N to their favorite Chinese restaurant and going to see a movie afterwards? Would he rather travel to see Taylor on tour instead of flying Y/N - his lucky charm to his football games?

"Hey," Travis' voice broke her thoughts. She noticed the worried look on his face. "What's wrong?"

"Umm, nothing" she sniffled and wiped the fallen tears away from her cheeks. "I gotta go," she hung up before Travis could protest.

Her phone immediately rang. She pressed the ignore button, refusing to talk to Travis. He called again. She declined the call again before going to his contact info and blocked him. She wasn't going to block him forever, obviously, but she needed some time for herself. She needed to think what to do next.

Meanwhile, across town, Travis groaned in frustration as his phone was once again sent straight to voicemail. He looked at the time and saw how late it was. He knew he shouldn't but right now he needed his big brother.

***

In Philadelphia

Kylie hit Jason with a pillow as his phone continued to ring. "Answer the phone before I throw it out the window," she grumbled, hating that someone woke her up.

Kylie saying that his phone was ringing immediately woke up Jason. He sat up in bed and answered the FaceTime call from Travis.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Is it mom? Oh no! It's dad, isn't it?" Jason asked in rapid fire.

"Everyone is fine," Travis said calmly.

Jason lets out a deep sigh of relief.

Kylie grabs the phone from her husband to scold her brother-in-law. "You're not fine, Travis, because the next time I see you, I'm gonna kill you for waking me up at -" she sees the time on the phone, "Jesus, 2AM?!"

Travis groaned. "I'm sorry, but Y/N's mad at me and I don't know what happened."

"What do you mean?" Jason asked, now leaning closer to his wife to see Travis.

"Well, I called to tell her about my day and night with Taylor and she turned it around and got mad at me for giving Taylor her credentials," Travis explained.

"You're joking, right?" Kylie asked.

Travis shook his head. "No! She hung up on me! And, now she blocked me...  probably so I can stop calling her," his voice was soft, hurt.

"Men are so stupid," Kylie said at the same time Jason said, "Dead man walking."

Travis' eyebrows pulled together. "What do you mean dead man walking? I'm so confused. I don't know what happened," he admits honestly. "I know Y/N better than anyone and right now, I legit don't know what happened."

"Should we tell him?" Kylie asked her husband.

"Tell me what?" Travis asked.

"No, we can't," Jason answered Kylie's question.

"Hello! Tell me what!" Travis begged.

"Look," Kylie looked back at Travis, "normally, I'm not one to reveal someone's secrets, especially Y/N's  because I like her more than you," she glared at her brother-in-law, "especially at this moment."

"Secret? What secret?" Travis shook his head. "We don't keep secrets from each other. That's why we work so well as best friends."

"Uh, kind of like the secret you kept from her about Taylor?" Jason asked.

"That's different," Travis defended immediately.

"Anyways, back to my point," Kylie interrupted, "I'm gonna tell you because I'd really like to go back to sleep. Y/N's in love with you. Of course, she's upset with you. If anything she's more hurt than upset."

Jason snorted as he saw his baby brother shocked.

"She's in love with me?" Travis whispered.

"Since high school, bro," Jason asnwered. "I can't believe you've been stupidly blind this entire time,"

"What-" Travis was about to ask a follow up question before Kylie interrupted again.

"Good night, Travis. We'll deal with this tomorrow, preferably at a decent hour." Kylie ended the call.

Travis looked down at his phone. "Man, that's the second girl that hangs up on me tonight..... women are so mean."