Too Late (Book II)

Sorry for this...

But I always wondered what would have happened if the Bots were too late to come back to earth. This is short but I don't give a frag lol

Just something I wrote on the way to the city. Koda had a ring in this tid bit btw. Kinda like a beacon/tracker in case anything were to happen on a mission.
Other Christmas special will be up soon.

~-~-~-~-~-~

As he drove down the streets of the Alaskan town, the man shifted into a higher gear. His beat up, rusty Peterbilt speeding up slightly. Behind him there was a much nicer looking emergency vehicle.

"The signal is just outside of town, Optimus. It should be the first turnoff just past the railway tracks. What's left of them at least," Ratchet informed his leader as the two drove through Anchorage. The town was alive and bustling with many different people.

As the two drove through the town they passed the broken railway tracks. The wood had rotted away while some tracks were lifted up from the disturbance of earth or buried with some shrubs.

They turned down the first gravel road and continued till they came to a third turnoff. Which was an overgrown trail. But it was noticeable enough. If not for the unreadable sign the two Bots' might have driven right past it.

"Are you sure this is the correct road Ratchet?" Optimus asked quietly, his frame ached but he needed to find his bondmate. He had felt something strange a few years back. But having been so far from earth he didn't think anything of it.

The medic drove in front of the Prime, "Yes I am certain Optimus."

Following the red-orange and offwhite ambulance, the two drove for a few minutes before they came to an open clearing. Well it was mostly cleared, aside from a large fenced in area.

Both medic and Prime activated their holoforms, in case any humans did come down here. Ratchet walked over to the arch which led into the area. He read the worn out engraved wooden sign, Anchorage Cemetery. (Yeah...I'm doing this)

Looking back at Optimus he saw that the Prime was holding his injured arm, a tear was on his lip and around his left eye was black. But he followed the medics' gaze to the sign. And in that moment his Spark dropped to the ground, shattering.

"No..." He breathed, walking past Ratchet and into the graveyard. His dulled azure eyes glazed over the many gravestones. Many of them were old, but there were a few newer ones.

The soft crunch of the grass was heard behind him as Ratchet followed in his footsteps. No words were spoken as the two walked through the many gravestones. Seeking out one...Till...

"I found her!" Ratchet called from across the graveyard. Optimus ran over as fast as he could. Ensuring to respect the fallen people in the Cemetery.

Halting beside the medic, the smaller holoform looked up at Optimus.

Knees buckling from beneath him, the Prime knelt in front of the gravestone Tears threatened to fall as he looked at the engravings.

Koda Shank

Hope, British Columbia

December 18 1995

August 23 2069

"There are plenty of ways to die, but only love can kill and keep you alive to feel it."

Ratchet knelt down and rested a hand on Optimus' shoulder, "She's in a better place now."

The Prime visibly shivered, almost convulsed for a moment, before whispering, "She's gone...I - we left her to die alone," He glanced over at Ratchet, "What did we do?"

Ratchet looked at his leader, how broken he looked. His own gaze fell onto the gravestone in front of them, "If we had stayed we would have been hunted down."

"If we had stayed then maybe we could have helped her! She would be here at our sides!" Optimus exclaimed angrily. He looked at the gravestone again a few tears falling down his face, "And now...she's gone..."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Yeah...This was an idea where Koda had run out of Energon and her body started failing her. While she didn't seem to age due to the effects of it, she slowly perished without it. 

Anways, this was just something I came up with between writing my other stories.

Love ya 💙
-brook