Chapter no.36 Enter Inoichi Yamanaka

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord :

https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB

••••••••••••••••••

What was the difference between intelligence and wisdom?

This was the question Yamanaka Inoichi asked himself as he plopped down on his couch, a tired sigh on his lips and a long worn furrow on his brow, just now finally concluded from a long day at the office.

Some would say that intelligence was possessing knowledge, an intelligent person had the savoir-faire of numerous different fields or areas, such as someone who had memorized entire aspects of a thesaurus, or someone who could calculate complex mathematical figures on the fly. Then, they would say that wisdom was possessing the ability to use said knowledge in the adequate scenarios to achieve the optimum result.

Except, that was not true.

That was the relationship between intelligence and wisdom and not the distinction.

Intelligence and wisdom were somewhat separate, as one could be wise, in the manner of an enlightened monk or spiritual individual, but they would not be smart, such as monks that could neither read nor write.

Likewise, one could be smart, possessing a great deal of knowledge about numerous aspects and fields, but not necessarily wise.

For instance, a scientist who chose to give his children extremely efficient meals and prevented them from eating sweets because he knew the health detriments, but was unable to realize that his children would never understand his perspective.

Unfortunately, it seemed that people regarded intelligence on the higher spectrum than wisdom.

Konoha was gradually running out of wise young shinobi and instead, they were breeding geniuses.

If only his beloved village could have a Sarutobi Hiruzen for every Uchiha Itachi and Hatake Kakashi, it would be so much better off.

Unfortunately, most levels of wisdom came with experience, and as such, those greatly in need of it sorely lacked the access to it.

Shameful as it was, Inoichi knew full well that his village was filled with people lacking both intelligence and wisdom.

Most obviously would be the civilians first, who would willingly let their children sign up to the Academy, fooled by the romanticized ideal of the Konoha Shinobi Corps.

They were nothing but glorified child soldiers, child soldiers capable of taking on full grown men twice their size, but child soldiers no less.

Most of them would not live to hit thirty, and those who did would be so scarred by the things that they had witnessed and performed, that they could never live normally ever again.

But the Will of Fire burned strong, how strong it burned indeed.

Fire was the one thing most capable of bringing unlimited destruction to leaves, yet not a soul had noted the irony.

Konoha's Head of T&I shook his head as he let out a deep sigh.

The question and deliberations had not struck him on some utterly odd whim, and he was not usually someone to start thinking about such topics, but perhaps the reason the question had struck him had been because he had been watching his daughter recently.