Branch wakes up

The brothers sat in comfortable silence for around two hours until finally, Branch started to wake up.

Branch tried to sit up and Floyd smiled, "Guys he's waking up!" He said happily as he helped Branch sit up.

JD ran off, "I'll go get a doctor or that other dude!"

Bruce smiled at Branch who seemed a bit out of it.

Clay waited by the door for JD.

Floyd smiled at Branch, "Okay buddy, there we go..does this feel okay?"

Branch turned to him and grinned, "Okaaaay.."

Clay laughed from the doorway as he walked over, "They got you on that good stuff huh, baby bro?"

Branch just giggled at him.

JD then ran back in with Riff and a doctor they found on the way back.

The doctor walked over to Branch and smiled at him, "Hello, dear.."

Branch just kept giggling.

Floyd chuckled and grabbed Branch's hand, "Branch, say 'hello' to the nice doctor.." he said softly.

Branch lifted one of his hands and flopped it on his lap which made him laugh even harder.

"Oh dear..." The doctor said.

Clay tilted his head, "What's wrong?"

Riff bit his lip as he carefully moved Floyd away from Branch, he then began to lay Branch back down as the doctor spoke again.

"Well, this young one hasn't had any medications..no sedatives either...I believe he fell asleep? So I'm concerned about his behavior.."

Riff took a deep breath, "This may be a trauma response.."

The doctor glanced at him but then nodded, "It very well could be..."

Riff looked at Clay, Floyd, Bruce, and JD, "Was there ever a time in his life where he would act younger then he truly was?"

The brothers looked at eachother and shrugged.

"We have no idea.." JD said.

Riff nodded and looked at the doctor, "I'll go ask the others who came here with him, maybe they'll know..except the small one, named Smidge, she's much younger then them so she probably wouldn't know.."

Then Riff walked out to go speak with the others.

The doctor looked at the brothers who looked worried.

"Okay boys, hopefully this will be temporary for him, if not then you've got another chance at being his big brothers."

Floyd looked at Branch who grinned and grabbed his hand, "Either way, we won't ever leave him again." Floyd said.

Clay nodded, "I agree with Floyd."

"Me too." Bruce said.

"And me!" JD said with a wide smile.

They all looked at the door when they heard heavy breathing, Riff was there, looking concerned.