Serious Talk JD

The brothers kept an awkward silence for a while when Floyd spoke up, "Okay obviously we need to have our talk again. Now, who wants to go first? And this time, include everything. But if you don't wanna share then it's okay and we won't push."

The older three nodded, "Okay." They all said.

Floyd handed his rock to JD who took a deep breath.

"Okay so...when I first left I was confused, and...I-I was scared..I didn't have any of my brothers, I didn't have Grandma Rosiepuff and I didn't have mom or dad. I was terrified to leave the tree, because how was I supposed to escape without the bergens getting me, right?"

The others nodded and glanced at eachother.

"So I climbed down the tree and stepped through the bars...I was grabbed by a bergen."

The brothers gasped.

Floyd teared up.

Bruce grabbed JD's hand and squeezed it tight.

Clay had wide eyes filled with worry.

JD continued, "I panicked and thought I would die as the bergen put me in it's mouth, I looked towards the pod and...I saw B-Branch staring at me with horror...I knew I couldn't let him see me die. So before the bergen bit down on me, I managed to kick out a tooth and it spit me out. I took off running into the woods." (Branch: "Sometimes people go into other people's mouths, and they don't come out!" Me: "Sometimes? I'm gonna make trauma off of that.")

Floyd was crying silently as he grabbed onto Clay.

Clay held Floyd tight and stared at JD with a mix of emotions.

Bruce hugged JD even tighter.

JD kept going, "Once in the forest I ran as far as I could, but eventually I tripped and rolled down a little hill, I rolled into a giant armadillo and I felt so scared, but it whimpered. I was wary but concerned, so I got up and inspected it, I saw she had a hurt leg so I fixed her up the best I could. Once she was better, I tried to leave, but she followed me and wouldn't leave me alone. Eventually she ate me-"

He ignored his brothers gasps of horror.

"-and that's how I realized that Rhonda could be driven from the inside."

They sighed in relief.

"So I decorated her and we became best friends! She keeps me safe as I sleep inside her and I do my best to keep her out of trouble! But a few years later, I had decided to go back to the tree, see what was going on, you know? But when I got there, the tree was dead and empty, I left Rhonda at the edge of bergen town and I ran up the tree, I searched everywhere but I couldn't find anything. But in our pod, I saw...I saw a small puddle of blood. I just knew it was from Branch! It was such a bright blue...so I left, feeling like a failure. But on my way out, I saw a large hole, I felt hope like never before, I ran towards it and jumped in. But unfortunately, I saw that the tunnels had collapsed, I couldn't get through and I didn't wanna leave Rhonda, so I went back and we left. The rest of it is pretty much what I had been doing before I went to the tree, except I cried a lot more."

The brothers nodded with wide eyes as they all hugged JD.

JD sighed softly and hugged them back, he then slipped the rock into Bruce's hand, "Your turn, bro."