chapter 7

_ ''come on Amel, we need to hurry, we're late, and dad is going to kill us.'' I signed hurrily, trying to put my daggers on the satchel of my pants at the same time.

_ '' just one minute''

Amel was crouching on the ground beside the front door of her house while I was waiting for her outside for half an hour now because she couldn't figure out how to lace her boots, I offered my help but she refused, she can be so stubborn when she wants to, it was time for the training with my dad and we are already late, and my dad tolerate many things but not being late to his lessons, he's gonna kill both of us.

We were both in our black uniforms, who consisted of leather pants and jackets, filled with daggers on both our waists, we had both braids that go down our backs, we always did that, before training, I braid her blond hair and she braids my brown one, there's only one difference between us is that I had a bow and arrows hanging on my back while she had a sword hanging in her waist instead.

If somebody looked at us, he would think that we were born warriors but it was just on the outside,

_ I really don't know why you're going to the training, you know since it's obvious you're not going to be chosen. Said Amel while standing up.

She was speaking in my sister voice.

The hell?

Before I could react the earth started trembling, I tried hanging on the doorframe but it disappeared just before my eyes.

What's happening?

Then Amel became a blur and started screaming in a male voice.

_ WAKE UP, COME ON WAKE UP!!!!!

YOU NEED TO WAKE UP LITTLE ONE.

I was bolted awake, and a gulp of air hit my face, my mind still confused between my dream and the reality, I squeezed Asif's scales instantly with all the strength I had, because we were flying fast really really fast, everything is a blur around me, I can't see renjiro and Aesira who are beside us flying as fast as us.

What's going on?

We are being attacked. Said Asif calmly.

WHAT?

But before I could say anything Asif did a looping, A LOOPING, my feet detached from his body flying in the air before hitting his scales with a thud when he went straight again, it happened so fast I didn't even register what was happening, I look at my right and see Aesira flying backward in a jerked mention before an enormous arrow passed her just before her nose.

Oh my god.

I turn my head to the direction where the arrow came from, and my breath hitched there were three huge Asadqaw coming our way with molaks on their backs.

Asadqaw are the sundar's magical creatures, they're basically enormous lions with wings, and they are almost as big as the dragons, the molaks are the people who ride them, we who rides dragons are called riders, and the people who ride the asadqaws are called Molaks.

The three coming our way are not really big, compared to the three dragons they seem minuscule, the asadqaw in the middle is the bigger one of the three, it's white and and is covered with gold and silver armoury, its hair is hiding the molak in its back, but I could clearly see the big arrows that he have in his teeth ready to toss it in our direction, The other two were gold and covered in silver armoury, they were smaller so I could see the molak on their backs, the one on the rights has a girl with midnight blue hair, she wore an armoury the same colour as her dragon, her face is hiding behind a black mask, the other I couldn't distinct if it was a boy or girl because even his hair was covered in a golden mask, his uniform is the same as the girl.

They were at least one mile away from us but I could just feel the white asadqaw's eyes boring into mine and before I could even blink the arrows were flying in our direction, the arrow are not big enough to hurt the dragon but there's a huge chance it contains the poison that sundar made that can kill a dragon by just one touch, we were able to miss them, Dani and renjiro went for the golden mask one and started throwing fireballs at them.

The midnight blue molak went straight for arshad, she moved so fast we didn't even see it, the asadqaw opened his mouth before closing it in the air with snap of his teeth, it was one millimetre away from being Aesira's wings instead of the air.

I'm gonna admit it, I screamed like a little girl.

Aesira growled before hitting the asadqaw and the midnight blue girl with her tail, hard, sending them away, then she lunged in their direction opened her big mouth before closing it in them, the colours drained from my face when I saw their pieces falling down and Aesira flying back to us like nothing happened.

I think I'm gonna throw up.

My eyes met Arshad's, his mouth was set in a hard line, he almost died there, one millimetre and he'd be gone and he just witnessed a person and a creature smashed into pieces.

My breathing became shallow and ragged, we almost lost Arshad.

_ ''are you okay?'' I mouthed.

_ ''I'm fine'' he mouthed back.

I opened my mouth to say something but I was interrupted by an angry roar coming from behind us, it was the white asadqaw not happy with what happened to his friend, he snapped his teeth before lunging in our direction.

Hold on tight, little one.Warned Asif before he dived head first in the direction of the ground.

Do you trust me idrees?

My heart was beating so fast.

Yes. I responded in a heartbeat, because I do, I know we just met but I feel like I could put my life on Asif hands or paws wherever and I'd be safer than ever.

He was still going down until he turned in one swift movement and started going up, my eyes widens when I see that I couldn't see the sky because the white asadqaw was hiding it, we were just under it, and before it could even notice what's happening when we got at a fair distance between them, a fire bodged out of Asif mouth, and in a blink of an eye the asadqaw and it's molak, were only cinder flying in the air.

I saw a magical creature and a human turns into ashes in less than ten seconds by my dragon and one torned to pieces, something silver flashed between my eyes, I looked down and it was the asadqaw with the golden mask molak falling down, his wings nowhere to be found.

Gods.

We just killed three human beings, in less than fifteen minutes; I literally got full body chills, I want to throw up.

You need to get used to it little one, this is where you're going, this is war, kill people or be killed, this is how we're going to save the kingdom.

I don't think I have the power, energy or the stomach to kill someone Asif.

Well you have to, idrees malendiv.

_____
Hey happy friday everyone, new chapter !!!!!
I hope you liked it, if you did don't forget to vote or drop a comment down below.
And yeah for the record thank you so so much for 250 readers, this is HUGE for me.
See you next friday !!!