chapter 3

I froze in place, he was BIG, there's at least ten feet between us, his head is literally the size of our house if not bigger, I knew he was huge, he wasn't nicknamed the biggest dragon of all for no reason, but I didn't realise he was THAT huge, Akeem my dad's dragon seems like a baby dragon in front of him, my legs started trembling, and my hand is going to be broken for how much Amel is squeezing it, the man who was on his back jumped with grace to the ground I couldn't find it in me to jump from that height, he was the general of the army, even seeing him from a distance crept a fear on my stomach, the energy he degage is full of power even from a distance, you'd think standing beside the master of dragon would make you look small, no, the general seemed even bigger.

I caught my dad eyes on the other side of the dragon, all the people who are over or under age to be chosen were standing in front of us beside the dragon, they were also forming a line, I forced a reassuring smile on my lips, he did a thumps up , but I knew it wasn't for me, it was for Kayla, she did a thumb up back, she was standing straight, face blank, like seeing the bigger dragon who can literally smack you into pieces with his foot didn't affect her at all.

The black dragon blinked and started looking at us on by one, then he straitned his neck and leaned his head closer to the line , he already chosen one, I couldn't see who he was looking at but when he pulled back , someone step out of the line, I gasped, it was mr Azmi, he was our science teacher, he also had a little girl who is crying on her grandmother shoulder right now, my heart hurts for her, suddenly a roars came from the sky we all looked up, there were dragons flying around on the sky watching US, they're searching for a rider, a red dragon made a descend to the ground, it took all my courage to not take a step back, another gulp of air reached us when it folded it's wings the moment he hit the ground just in front of mr Azmi, they started looking at each other and then he took a step forward then another, then another, and graciously escalated the dragon to sit on his back just like dad taught us, he took a last look at his daughter and turned at his wife I presume who the dragon already passed and didn't choose, at least the little girl didn't lost her mother too, and then his red dragon folded his big wings and hit the sky, everyone applauded, that was definitely something who wouldn't dream of flying away on a dragon's back just like mr Azmi did ?
mr Azmi was two hundred people away from us, I took a deep breath.

It wouldn't take him long at all to reach us, my sister started bouncing from excitement.

And then the master of dragons continued, some bonded a dragon, some didn't so they go stand with the general, they're going to fight on the ground, Giath was chosen and bonded a beautiful yellow dragon, now there's fifty person away, and the dragon already chose fifty seven people and only seven were bonded with a dragon.

Another one was bonded, this time it was Dalia, she was my age, she jumped on a green dragon's back and took off on the sky, we all applauded when a scream freeze the air, it was Dalia and she going down, without her dragon.

Oh shit.

She fall out of the back of her dragon, I think someone screamed, her mother? I have no idea, me? I just froze in place and watched her falling down and down then she hit the ground with a splash, her brain exploded just twenty feet from me, I'll never forget the gasp Dalia's mom let out and her scream when her husband didn't let her go see her daughter, she couldn't, the master of dragon would burn her if she interrupted him in his choosing, I saw my mom comforting her, my hand is bleeding, Amel squeezed her fingers nails into my skin, but I didn't complain, my eyes went back to Daliya, I wanted to puke, her dragon didn't even try to rescue her, it flyed out in the sky without looking back, the dragons doesn't care about us, if they saw that you couldn't keep your seat on their back then you don't deserve to be alive in the first place, everyone stayed silent, the huge dragon choses twenty other but no one bonded with any dragon, he was looking at Aeliyah now, he was going to choose her but at my biggest surprise he didn't, he passed right through her so she was forced to take a step back out of the line, then he looked at Kayla, and then at me, but it couldn't no he's still looking at Kayla she didn't took a step back yet, but I felt his eyes in my bones like he was seeing right through me like he knew everything about me, I didn't budge, I forced my legs to stop trembling, I'll not show him that I'm afraid, I think I broke one of Amel's bones hand, then he straitened his long neck and his head started coming closer and closer, on my prephiral vision I saw Kayla take a step forward, but he didn't go to her, he wasn't looking at her, he was looking at ME, I heard a gasp somewhere, I didn't move.

What's happening?

A huff of hot air heats my face, the dragon face is just a millimetre from my face, and he huffed a hot breath against it, and then retreated back and inclined his head at ME.

No this is impossible, he's making a mistake, he saw Kayla and came closer to chose her, but he got confused and huffed on my face instead of hers, we are sisters, we look alike, she's blond and has green eyes, but many people told us that our faces are shaped the same way just like our father, that's how he got confused, yeah right, Amel let go of my hand and pushed me from behind wish got me to step forward out of the line.

No this is a mistake.

I looked around, everyone was looking at me, i made eye contact with my mom, I can see her eyes filling with tears, I turned my eyes at my dad, he was shocked and his mouth was agape, he couldn't believe it, I couldn't either.

_ ''No.'' Someone whispered behind me. I turned around. Kayla was looking at me, her eyes were wide open and she looked at me, like my skin turned green. ''This is impossible. No no no no NO.'' I jumped, this is the first time I heard Kayla screaming, she formed fist on her side, and she looked at me with hatred in her eyes , like she wanted to kill me by cutting me limb by limb, my sister shot me many ugly looks in my life but this is by far the ugliest. ''This is a mistake you can't....''

A sound of flapping wings interrupted her, I turned around and my jaw literally dropped open,a big dragon nearly as big as the master of dragons was coming straight to me, its paws hit the ground with a big thud just in front of me.

My brown eyes met its golden ones, my jaw was literally on the floor, this dragon was silver, and I thought those dragons disappeared centuries ago.

Seriously what's happening?

Why's it looking at me?

Idrees Malendiv.