chapter 5

We're going to Altos.

My breath hitched, it's a village situated in the west borders of Valaris, and they're not far from lockwood, the vllage that Sundar succeded at taking over, and it's also a long way from here, more than a month on foot.

Seven hours on the back of a dragon. Explained Asif.

thank gods I brought food with me on my back pack.

I looked around again, No other dragons or other riders on site yet.

So Asif what do you like to do on your free time?

Are you trying to have small talk with me little one?

No I'm trying to know you better, you know since ''I'm not going to be alone anymore'' I said trying to imitate his voice.

He groaned.

I don't talk like that. He muttered.

Yes you do. I laugh.

He didn't say anything in return.

Okay, I'll start, I like to read books and...

I already know what you like to do in your free time. He interrupted. I know everything about you, I saw all your life when I bonded you that's what we do us dragon, remember?

Oh yes, I remember.

But that's not fair, you know everything about me but I know nothing about you. I cross my arms over my chest.

Okay, I like burning alive bullshits and assholes on my free time, are you happy now?

My eyes went wide.

So that's why you wanted to burn my sister alive.

He snorted, I burst out laughing.

You shouldn't let somebody let you down like your sister did.

I know, but I'm kind of used to it, it doesn't get to me anymore.

No, you don't understand little one, you need to be careful, and where we are going is like a game between life and death.

I know we're going to war. I said as matter of fact, I know there's a chance for me to die a big chance actually.

No this is not what I'm talking about, you're a rider now, and you possess one of the rarest dragons the realm has ever seen, you see that girl who was dead?

He was talking about dalia.

Yes her, her dragon is already trying to choose another if he didn't choose one already, in the beginning the bond is not strong enough so if you got killed the first month of the bond, it wouldn't be hard for the dragon to find another rider right away.

I think I know what he's trying to say.

You mean that I can get killed by the soldiers, so then you could have chance for you to choose them so they could become riders as well?

Yeah little one. He confirmed with a sigh. You need to watch your back twenty four seven, you're never safe.

My legs started shaking, no one warned me about this, so it's not only the sundar that I should fight and be afraid of but the people I'm going to fight alongside with too.

____________________

hey like promised, new chapter !!!!!!

this one is a little short but I promise that the next chapter is going to be AMAZING.

I hope you liked it, don't hesitate to comment down below and tell me your thoughts.

have a great friday and happy weekend!!!!!