13. Just Idol Things - Right?

The next day, 7:00 P

The next day, 7:00 P.M. [August 7th, 2022]

Chaeyeon's Office.

"I..." Chaeyeon muttered as Y/N just stood there with his head down, "I'm at a loss of words, Y/N."

"..."

Now that Dispatch had sent the higher-ups of HYBE an 'alleged photo of Y/N L/N and Kim Chaewon on a date', Chaeyeon was, to say the least, more than angered. Meanwhile, the teddy bear could only feel shame and disgust as his willingness to go on an outing could've costed both his and Chaewon's career.

"Not only is it a photo, it's from DISPATCH!" The manager said as her voice seemed to rise. "Y/N, how the hell do you even get them on your back??!"

"I'm sorry-"

"Are you trying to sabotage your own career? It's not even been a month and you've already had DISPATCH chasing you down and threatening to expose you!" Chaeyeon continued to lecture.

"It was completely my fault."

"I've been..." 

"..."

"I've been working so hard to ensure that you have an easy and successful career. I know how difficult your life is but you're only making it worse for yourself..."

"I'm sorry." Y/N repeated again as he failed to find any other sort of response.

"Do you even know what the Chairman told me?"

"No, I don't. Miss."

"If it wasn't for him paying a good deal of money, you're career would be done. You're lucky that we're able to pay our way out of these things, Y/N. That's not a connection every entertainment company has. Worst of all, you've been warned that if you are caught on another occasion like this, the Chairman will greatly reduce your creative freedom. You've done a great deal for the popularity of HYBE, but that can quickly be taken away if you mess up." The manager warned as she looked at Y/N sternly, who was still staring at the ground.

" The manager warned as she looked at Y/N sternly, who was still staring at the ground