Chapter 3

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

"A spring wedding." Poppy announces slamming a huge leather book in front of Maeve, causing the girl to startle.

"Merlin Poppy, I haven't even finished my coffee yet" Maeve complains rubbing her temples with her index fingers.

Poppy swiftly slides into the seat adjacent from her opening the large book. Maeve watches the pages intently and realizes that this book had to be at least ten years old.

"Have you been planning your wedding for a while?" Maeve's voice filled with amusement as Poppy's face flushes with embarrassment.

"You haven't been?"

"No" Maeve smirks bringing the cup to her mouth, welcoming the warmth of the coffee as it slid down her throat and warmed her body.

"She's lying." Sebastian grumbles walking into the dining room. He was dressed in a white collared dressed shirt with grey trousers, the top button of his shirt undone just enough to expose the top of his chest. Maeve tried to stop from looking, but she couldn't. "She's had her wedding planned out for a while."

"I have not. Besides how would you even know?" Maeve crosses her arms her brows furrowing.

"Because Crawford, you told me once." Sebastian sips the cup of coffee he had just poured for himself. She couldn't help but feel enraged at the sly smirk pulling at his lips.

"I did not."

"You did."

"When?!" Maeve snaps at him, his lips now curled into a very mischievous smile.

"Sixth year, before your third date with Weasley."  Sebastian said matter of factually.

Sixth year

"Stop, are you jealous or something Sallow?" Maeve teases rolling into her stomach to look at Sebastian who was sitting with his back against the tree.

He was reading his potions book while they sat by the black lake, it was warm day considering it was October.

"And if I was?" Sebastian didn't even look up from his book. Maeve's stomach swirled with emotion, with hope.

"Relax, it's not like I'm going to marry the guy." She laughs rolling back onto her back. Her hands folded behind her head using them as a pillow, she sighs closing her eyes. "I think a winter wedding would be beautiful"

"If you're asking me to marry you the answer is no." Sebastian smirks

"Like I'd ever marry you" Maeve shoots back.

"Puh-lease" Sebastian closes his book leaning forward. He tugs on one of her double braids that were sprawled out on the grass around her. "You'd be lucky to marry me."

"Yeah okay." Maeve snorts her heart beating ten times faster than normal.

"I bet you ten galleons I'll be the first in our friend group to get married." Sebastian lays down on his stomach, resting his head sideways so he was watching her. He studied her face, the small smile that was plastered across her lips made his chest swell.

"Not if I marry Weasley." Maeve teases causing Sebastian to pinch her arm. "Ow!" Her eyes fly open as she pushes herself into a sitting position. She inspects the skin in which he pinched. Her bottom lip sticks out in a pout. "That hurt."

"Well, now every time you think about marrying Weasley, you'll remember that pain."

"Oh shut up" she pulls her knees close to her body, hugging them.