✧CHAPTER - 8✧

THE NEXT DAY

I have got to prove myself right. If i don't then it'll be over for me and my job.

I got all my screentime records and all other necessary alibi that I needed and went straight up to Hyunjin.

"Here, proof that i did not send those messages" i said with a stern face.

"And why should i believe these, you could've made that up" he said with a stoic face.

"Mind coming to the cctv room with me?"

"Why?"

"Do i need to explain everything to you Mr. hyunjin?"

"So you're gonna go to this extent to prove yourself?"

"I suppose so."

We both headed to the cctv room. While walking together i could smell his perfume. He smelled like roses and smoke, it was intoxicating but i have to keep focus.

"Did you notice the shirt you're wearing in the picture?" I said while turning my phone on.

"Yeah what about it?"

"You never wore that while i was around for these past few days."

"What?" He said with confused eyes looking at me

Damn those eyes lord

"Y...yeah" i coughed "let's just see the footage"

I keep walking when i feel that he is no longer walking. He had stopped a few steps before me. I got confused as to why he did so.

"If you're going to this extent then that must mean you're saying the truth" he said while looking at me from below the stairs

"No, come with me, I won't be giving up until i have proven myself with proof" i said while looking at him from above the stairs.

We keep looking at each other when suddenly he climbs up the stairs to where i am and holds my wrist, he then starts to walk back to where we came from.

I insist on stopping and going to the cctv room multiple times but he doesn't budge and keeps moving. I realised that he feels bad for what he accused me of. That's how it should be.

"So you really don't know me, huh?" He said when we reached near the vending machines

"No i don't"

"I am sorry"

"I'll take that i guess. And i will catch the person who did this" i say with a very low voice

I have no clue why tears have started to well up in my eyes. Maybe it's relief or maybe it's because i have been wanting to hear a "sorry" really bad. I am having an ambivalence of feelings right now and for some reason i want to hug him.

I can see him looking through my soul at the fact that i said that I'll catch the culprit. I mean i would too be shocked if someone who got slandered by me would offer to help me. Definitely not down bad for him.

One of these days he'll definitely kill me with those damn eyes of his but I'd like that death

I smile at him and go straight to the office while he keeps standing there. I feel bad for lying to him about not knowing him. He definitely deserves to know that I'm a stay but i just somwhow don't want to tell him. Maybe I'll tell it to him when I'll leave South Korea.

---------------------------

HYUNJIN'S POV

She's too kind. Still helping me when i have been a complete asshole to her. Why would you help me? Why should anyone help me? I have only misunderstood and misunderstood people all my life. I keep repeating the same mistake again and again and keep receiving kindness.

This face of mine? I just want to ruin it. I don't want kindness just because of this damn face of mine. One of these days i might end up scratching it myself.

I head towards the office when i hear a conversation between Y/n-ssi and Yeri-ssi.

"How can someone do this to a living person? Sending such messages? It's outright horrendous. Can you believe Yeri? I am definitely gonna catch that asshole." She said with an angry frown.

"Woah woah calm down girly, I'll help ya with it. But you seem a little too angry." She said with a smirk

"I....i-, look I am just being careful about this, i mean it's about privacy concerns, not to forget that we're the ones designing this program."

Why? Why so kind? Why not mad at me?

FLASHBACK

"So you're gonna leave the group for a girl?"

"She's not just a girl Hyunjin-ah, i love her. And who said I'll leave the group? I'll just be on a hiatus for a little while."

"Hiatus? Are you kidding me? This has to be a joke, we promised to stick together until the contract expired. Can't you wait till then?"

"Hyunjin-ah i get it but keep yourself in my shoes for once, i don't think i can keep having the facade of a perfect kpop idol, i too have a life and i want to live it. People don't have their youth forever."

"But.......but you promised to stay, you......said you'll stay Yongbok-ah"

Don't leave me please

"Sorry Hyunjin, but you have to understand, it'll be fine, 4 members are in the military right now, my presence or absence will have no effect on stays"

This isn't about stays, no

___________________

I did not leave my room for a week after he went back to Australia. Mom was worried. Everyone is worried but do they know the truth? No, they don't. They think that i am scared about the fame of Stray Kids. They think i am scared to lose my popularity. They don't have any idea how i am feeling right now.

Nobody will

Nobody ever will

END OF FLASHBACK
END OF HYUNJIN'S POV

__________________