✧CHAPTER - 1✧

Holy fucking fuck?!??!

"HELLO!!!?MOM!??"

"Hello? What happened dear, why are you shouting?"

"MOM I GOT THE JOB, I GOT MY........ drea...m j....ob" i said while sobbing.

"Oh my sweetheart, you did it! I am so happy right now that i can't even explain and why are you crying? Cheer up honey, you're gonna make me cry too!!!" Mom said excitedly to me

She proceeded to tell Dad about me and gave him the phone, my dad's a person who doesn't show much emotion but he is definitely open to me, ever since i was a little kid. Both of them congratulated me and gave me their blessings full of love as i was becoming a crying mess at the campus of our college.

After talking for 10 minutes, i hung up. I cannot believe the fact that i just got my dream job at the CS company that I'd always wanted, everything feels like a fever dream. The amount of hardwork and the amount of tears that has gone into the nurturing of my dream were worth it.

I had been studying in an engineering college for 4 years and today is the day of my campus selection, they said that i have to head out to California for the job. Honestly, this is the best thing ever that has happened to me. I always wanted to go overseas for a job. I have always been a person who loves to travel but never got a chance to explore enough because of the financial conditions of my family, I'm from a middle class family but as far as I know, my parents have always fulfilled my needs and never once let me feel devoid of things. Not that I wished for luxury or anything. I had learnt to be satisfied in what I already had since a very young age, part of the reason for my overmatured ass but who cares.

I reached my dorm room as soon as I was done talking to mom and dad. The moment I entered my room, i was attacked by my roommate only for us to fall on the floor with a loud thud. "Ouchhh, what the heck Futaba?? You seriously have to stop with the pranks for god's sake!" I said while rubbing my waist because of the pain.

"Andd you have to stop falling for my pranks each time i play it on you HAHAHAHA" Futaba said with a childish grin.

Futaba Nakamura is her full name and she is a very close friend of mine whom i collided with in the college dorm, yes we began with being just roommates. She came all the way from japan to study here at this place. She has very pale skin and long dark hair with cute bangs in front of her forehead. She has a deep ass voice though but it suits her and her japanese sounds really soothing. I sometimes talk to her in japanese since i know a little myself.

Futaba has always had my back and is a really sweet and selfless person. I actually even had a crush on her back when i entered college but it faded away really soon. Guess it was just a platonic attraction since she looks intimidatingly mystical, and yes I'm a bi.

"Oh my God Futaba, did i tell you??? I got THE JOB, can you believe it?" I said with my eyes shining with excitement.

"No way, no way, NOOO FUCKING WAY GIRL WTF OH MY GOD I TOLD YOU, DIDN'T I???? I just knew you'd make it, CONGRATULATIONS, now adopt me and pay my bills, thank you very much" She said with a stoic grin on her face.

Bitch💀✋🏻

"How about we marry instead?" I said with a side smirk to which she flirted back and then we became a laughing mess for atleast the next 5 minutes.

-------------------------

It has been 5 days since my campus selection and it's literally 5 AM in the morning but how can i sleep knowing that today is Futaba's interview. Her campus selection is today because she is in the civil engineering branch. They had to get ready for the interview at 4 AM so she's headed out already and honestly, who the fuck interviews that early in the morning, are you seriously kidding me??!

Well, i have always believed that interviewers are Satan's minions so no surprise for me here.

I am definitely gaining weight bruh

Sitting in front of the mirror, i stare blankly at myself while listening to 'little star' by Hyunjin of Stray kids, I used to be the biggest fangirl but i piped down a lot the moment i entered college.

I only listen to their music now and see little to no content of them on youtube.

I am definitely getting a little fat since all i did was munch on snacks nonstop in the past few days because of the stress I got from the fear of getting interviewed. Now that it has passed, i can definitely give myself some time to get together.

"It's 7 AM already?" I say to myself in disbelief as if i wasn't just sitting like a jobless on my bed. I get up and do my bed, then i head to the kitchen while yawning atleast a million times. I start preparing myself some coffee when i suddenly hear a loud thud from the door hitting the wall.

Here we go

"Y/NNNNN I GOT THE JOBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!OH MY GODDDD THOSE FUCKING INTERVIEWERS MADE ME WANT TO EAT THEM ALIVE BUT I GOT THE FUCKING JOB!!" She said while abruptly running into my hug. "Holy cow Futaba, i am so prou-" I was interrupted by her completely sad face saying "but i have to go back to japan y/n....can you fucking believe it, all of it for me to just head back to that limited space ass of a country" she said while lowkey crying in my arms but i knew for a fact that she wasn't actually that sad.

"Hey hey hey, Japan is a wonderful country and although i do understand that people tend to have a high disaffection with their own country, i am sure that it'll be a lot more different for you now that you are gonna return back with a fully paid job Futaba, cheer up okay?"

She smiled softly at me and said "I swear to god y/n, stop being so annoyingly positive all the time". To this i giggled and went back to making coffee while listening to her endless shit talk about the interviewers.

------------------------------------

Two weeks later, I am at the airport to board on the plane that goes to California, Futaba's plane is also scheduled to head out today but 4 hours after mine.

"Set me up with a hot guy if you find one there" she said with a grin. "Hahaha and set you up for long distance, yeah sure" I deadpanned.

"Yeah yeah fine, whatever you say y/n chann~~" she giggled while poking my shoulder.

"Well, i gotta go, take care Futaba and make sure you don't kill anyone now that I'll not be around" i said with a serious face to which she started laughing manically and I joined her too.

Heading towards my plane i said my goodbyes to Futaba while lowkey crying and her ugly crying. When i was almost 20 metres ahead of her I hear her shout "I LOVE YOU BITCH *crying noises* GOOD FCKING BYEEEE". I don't even mind her now, I literally love her the way she is, waving at her i head towards the plane.

The moment the plane took off, i looked outside the window "So long my homeland". I put on my headphones listening to 'Grow Up' by Stray Kids as the plane went up to get lost in the clouds.

------✧------

A/n: I will post chapters weekly or even daily, rn I'm not sure but i hope i do get time to post new chapters. Also. I have exams coming up during the end of june, i may be occupied for atleast a week but I'll surely keep y'all updated!

See you next chapter!

New update: i literally stopped writing for a while and came back after months but i again have so many exams coming up so updating this fanfic can be here and there, but I'll surely not leave hehe, hope you understand cutiesssss<333