eight , the star signs

the star signs ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

"WAIT-SO is it just your family coming?" arwen asked about the annual hughes christmas party.

"no, usually a bunch of friends come." luke responded and she lifted her head from his chest. "what time is it?" she asked him and he shrugged.

arwen found her phone on the side table behind lukes head.

"any guess for the time?" she asked him and he shrugged, "four thirty nine." he tried to guess, "five seventeen." arwen guessed.

when the large numbers across the screen showed five am exactly.

"we were both close." luke added and arwen nodded getting up from the couch.

"no." luke told his girlfriend pulling her back down to the couch with him. "but i'm hungry. and my back hurts from being on the couch all night." arwen complained and he shrugged.

"you fell asleep first!" luke mentioned loudly, "luke quiet! your families still asleep." arwen told him and he shook his head. "Quinns probably gonna wake up in like thirty minutes-so it's fine." he argued with her.

"whatever i'm hungry. and it's your food i'm eating alone." she told him as she pushed him off her and walked into the kitchen.

arwen jumped at the sight of the oldest hughes brother in the kitchen already searching the fridge.

"fuck-quinn you scared me." she noted, with a hand to her fast paced heart.

"i scared you?! you scared me." he told her, arwen smiled at him trying not to laugh.

"what's the early breakfast calling for?" arwen asked jumping up and sitting on the counter. "toast and scrambled eggs." quinn said as he closed the fridge and putting the carton of eggs on the counter next to her.

arwen brought her legs up and sat criss-cross apple sauce to keep herself in a huddle warmth. "where's luke? i heard both of you awake." quinn asked and she rolled her eyes, "he's a dick in the mornings." "sounds like luke." quinn told her and she just barely chuckled.

"i have a weird feeling that most of my relationships won't work out." arwen blurted, "do you think that way with luke?" quinn asked and she shook her head.

she took a breath in, "it's different... i love him and fuck-i even looked at the star signs, and ours together say we're soul mates. i don't know what or even how to think quinn." arwen told him and he nodded, pushing down two pieces of bread into the toaster.

"i think you should start by not worrying what to think-you seem to have an issue with thinking and worrying." quinn told her and she shrugged with a small smile.