Chapter 6: What Are You Trying To Tell Me?

As the performance began... The silver-haired man felt a strange sense of déjà vu. It was as if he'd seen this dance before. When he was certain he hadn't.

"Have I seen this dance before? I don't recall such splendor in my front line of view." Thoughts ran wild in his head as the dancer in front of him danced like water flowing through a spring stream. It was captivating.

It was as if this was what he yearned to see... He watched with a keen eye, as the sunset-red-haired girl on the stage of Zubayr Theater swayed to the music that sounded throughout the Bazaar. Normally he'd refrain from things such as this due to the fact he always had to have his guard up. But... This was different. It was as if it was just him and her in the room. He found it strange yet... In a good way.

Not long did the performance last, the crowd around him eventually erupting with cheers and laughter. Catching him off guard. As he looked around the lights were bright again and people were talking and sparking with positivity as they waited for the next act to start.

"General Mahamatra- I mean Cyno, how did you enjoy the performance?" The green-haired trainee forest ranger asked him with a bit of an expectant smile. "I personally really enjoyed it! It was stunning... Nilous' always so graceful..." Collei commented, her magenta eyes gleaming with enthusiasm.

Cyno smiled after she said this, he was glad that she enjoyed the performance, even if she was the one who brought up the idea and had seen it before. "I agree. It was quite splendid indeed, Collei. It was beautiful, like the ray of the sun after the rain. I am quite astounded by the performance." The silver-haired man replied nonchalantly. Though he had to admit... It was astonishing, in his life he had never seen something as beautiful.

"W-well I'm glad you liked it, Cyno! In your and master's free time, we should come here more often!"Collei exclaimed with a bit of excitement and relief in her tone. "I'm glad Master and General Mahamatra seem to appreciate Miss Nilou's dance. I thought for a second they wouldn't be interested at all. But after all, it's Nilou dancing after all! It's basically a crime not to love her and her performance. I mean... Who wouldn't love it anyway? You'd have to be an Akademian Scholar who constantly hating on the arts to ignore such a wonderful sight."

The black and green-haired fennec hybrid nodded. "I agree with Collei, this was indeed a fun experience. I Must admit the nature of this performance was quite captivating as per usual. I see why you think so highly of Miss Nilou, Collei. It was truly a spectacle to see." Tighnari commented with a small smile from ear to ear.

"You two make fair points. I will definitely try to make time on my agenda to come with both of you to more events such as this one. This experience was indeed quite... Lovely." Cyno whispered under his breath. He recalled the scene that played in front of him just a few minutes ago. It truly was unlike any display he had ever seen, and he has seen a lot.

Both Tighnari and Collei noticed the look on his face and smiled. It wasn't often Cyno got surprised, and even less when it wasn't about a new TCG card. But... It was a nice change, nonetheless. He always seemed so prepared for everything, the last thing that might happen is someone catching off guard. Unless it was Collei or Tighnari of course.

"It seems you both have trouble beelieving my words." The silver-haired male stated as he looked over at them in a calm manner...

...

"Let's go Collei, we're leaving. Now." The fennec fox stated as she dragged the trainee forest ranger behind him. "You shouldn't have to deal with these 'Jokes'." He murmured as he took her with him. The confusion on her face was evident, yet a shocked and somewhat bewildered expression was painted on the girl's face as she was taken away. Though it seemed she didn't complain but rather relieved to be taken out and away from Teyvat's worst 'Joke' maker.