Chapter 2: A Strange Dream

“ནპΓhჰპძ Isn’t it beautiful? The starry sky of the Desert.”

A figure next to him spoke… An oddly Familiar figure… yet he couldn’t put his finger on it. Her face was blurred. The only thing he could see was her light blonde hair and sweet voice…

“It really quite is ย๒คภ”

He spoke back… “Why did I speak back? What's going on? Who is this person besides me?”

*He heard a small giggle from the person beside him…

--------------------------------------------------------

His eyes abruptly opened.

“What happened?”

He thought something happened but it turned out it was just a dream… he looked around the room to see it was indeed his room.

Cyno sat up in bed still quite tired from his sleep… “What type of dream was that… Odd. So strange…”

He then remembered he was on duty today, so he got off his bed and started getting ready.

He looked over to the window, The sun was rising… The Dew from the night was dripping, and the birds were chirping. It truly was such a peaceful atmosphere. And even in the distance, you could see the pyramids in the Red Sands. It was quite the nice sight for the morning.

After he changed into his uniform he walked to his desk where he put his head piece the night before. It was the head of a Jackal and ancient breed of dog known in the desert but said to be extinct. They say this breed of dog was worshiped during the time of the Scarlet King’s rule. Cyno also knew it symbolized justice. Which is exactly why he asked the Akademiya to make him this certain headpiece. It stood to show what would happen to those foolish enough to trifle with his and the akidemiya’s affairs.

With that he grabbed his headpiece off his desk and set it on his head.

“I am ready to work. Those with sins will atone for them.”

His own thoughts filled his mind of what might happen today as he opened his bedroom door and walked out. His first order of business was at Lambad’s Tavern. He agreed to meet Tighnari there that morning along with Collei.

He walked out of his house and onto the bustling sumerian streets. Traders, Merchants, Alchemists, Farmers, they were all there to sell for profit. Even if it was six in the morning. He walked the streets and people shuffled away from him… His title and General made him popular, but also quite scary in other people's eyes. Sometimes they stared, others they flinched, sometimes even put their arms out and turned their head away.

Cyno let out an exasperated sigh. “Why must they be so afraid? Am I that scary? I Don’t think I'm that frightening.”

His voice was hushed so no one but himself could hear him. Was he really that scary?

He continued pondering what the answer could be until he reached the tavern. He was pretty excited to see Tighnari and Collei. It had been awhile since they had last met. He wanted to know if they were doing well. He walked up into the entrance and entered the tavern.

“Cyno over here!”

He turned from the entrance to see Tighnari waving at him with a small smile.

In return he gave a small smile back and walked up to the table Tighnari and collei were sitting at and took a seat.

“Tighnari, How's your morning?”

He asked before taking a sip of water that was on the table. He was quite curious on how the people who he remarked as his siblings morning was so far.