Chapter 5: Unexpected Viewer

As she finally took the final bite of her favorite pudding, she heard something unexpected from her lovely brown-haired friend.

“Nilou, I have an amazing announcement! Vihar and I started dating!” Dunyarzad’s eyes sparkled with joy and excitement as she said this, she seemed really happy about it. So happy Nilou couldn’t help but smile happily. Happiness filled her thoughts as she gulped down her pudding.

“Really? That's amazing Dunyarzad! I'm so happy for you!" Her own ocean blue eyes sparkled with excitement, she didn’t expect to hear news such as great as this today. Who would have thought Dunyarzad would start dating the man who acted as the Knight of Flowers for the Sabzeruz Festival?

"It was so unexpected when he confessed… Though I will admit I've had quite the crush on him for a while” The brown-haired girl admitted with the slightest hint of a pink hue on her normally pale face. It seemed she truly was happy with this discovery of life. Nilou was glad that her friend could be happy because Dunyarzad deserved the best treatment. She was so kind.

“Wow! You guys must be happy then! I wish you guys good fortune for the rest of your lives. May the Archons bless you two.” The ocean-hued-eyed girl smiled before pulling out a piece of candy from her pocket. “Here, it’s your favorite! Hara fruit,” she said with a bright smile as she placed it into her friend’s hands. She noticed Dunyarzad’s brown eyes sparkled with excitement once she saw her favorite candy.

“Thank you, Nilou… You're too kind, there's no need.” The brunette replied with a gentle smile as she carefully unwrapped the hard candy from its green and brown wrapper. Nilou just smiled in return, not wanting her friend to be too courteous. The little candy was the shape of the Hara fruit itself, just smaller, round with a few spines like a porcupine from Mondstadt.

Nilou looked up from her seat to notice the sun's position on the sundial. “O-oh! I should get going, my performance is going to start in 10 minutes! Thanks for the snack Dunyarzad! I hope you can come see the show!” The ocean-blue-eyed girl said in a bit of a frenzy as she got up from her seat and waved goodbye to her good friend as she left Puspa Cafe.

Dunyarzad waved back as the sunset-red-haired girl ran out of the cafe. “I’ll definitely be there, Nilou! I couldn’t miss it for the Dendro Archon.” She exclaimed back with a warm grin. She waved at the waiter as she put the mora on the counter and added a generous tip.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hah… Hah…
Nilou ran to the theater, praying she’d be there in time to finish up the rest of her outfit with Najia. The sunset-red-haired girl remembered that Najia had a special surprise for the performance. So she had to get there quickly to prepare it. Though she had to admit she was still pretty excited.

“Najia! I'm here! What’s the surprise?” Nilou said while walking up to her after she closed the bright-wood door behind her. The dressing room and preparations room was decorated with flowers of the Sumerian variants. From Niloupalta Lotuses hung from wall to wall to Sumeru Roses carefully planted in colorfully painted ceramic pots. Golden ornaments were placed with special care in corners and were hung to replicate the light in which was given to them from the sun. The wall was a forest green color and a stained glass-like window let rays of light through into the room. The curtains were off-white, and subtle light white flower embroidering could be noticed if looked at carefully.

Nilou finally noticed Najia at the vanity preparing what looked like a lightly colored ribbon.
Curiously, the sunset-red-haired girl walked up behind her, making sure to be as quiet as possible. She noticed the golden embroidery of what seemed to be padisarahs. Its color was a pale blue that faded into a pure white and at the end, there was what looked like a golden hand grip. “A performance ribbon? I’ve never seen one with such color before…”, Nilou’s thought process was cut off by the sudden talking of Najida who had just noticed her a few seconds prior.