4.Better?

'I feel like to know you has now became my life goal.'

The night seemed longer for Aster, but it was worth waiting for the dawn. After all, she would finally meet her best friend straight after 6 months.

Their communication might not be regular but they made time for each other. Friendship and relationship needs mutual efforts, right?

She was quivering all over with excitement after reading Chloe's message on her phone,

'I am one hour away from you.
Come ,pick me up,
Cuz if you don't this is gonna be your last day on earth.'

And now, she was all ready in the cab, chaperoned by Suzain who was well aware that these two will go bonkers after their rendezvous at the airport.

Reaching there, the atmosphere turned emotional as the duo started crying messily while hugging each other.

"Are you done?" Suzain asked. They finally detached and looked at eachother, "You look ugly." Aster chuckled.

Chloe scoffed,"Done." She added,"You are looking just like a smashed potato." Suzain looked at them in disbelief and uttered,"Seriously!?You guys were literally crying, with real tears not crocodile tears, a few minutes ago."

They faked a smile and scratched the back of their neck in unison. "Anyone would believe if you said you are twins." Suzain remarked.

"Let's go." Aster said and they headed back. As soon as they reached the apartment, Chloe exclaimed," I did not expect it to be this good."

"Everything's good here... except for the interminable bickerings and arguments." Aster reminded.

They sat on the couch and Aster said, "Trust me, I can't believe I cried. That too because of you. I have never cried."

Chloe looked at her with an 'are-you-serious' look . "What?" Aster asked raising her brows.

"You are the person who cried infront of me because you don't have a man like Aaron Warner. You cried infront of me because you got 78/80. You cried infront of me because Gojo died. You cried bec-"

"Okay, stop!" Aster said keeping her palm infront of Chloe's mouth. "I-never-cried." Chloe mimicked her in a funny way and rolled her eyes.

"I am first." Aidrean yelled heaving with exhaustion and Aster and Chloe's face snapped towards him and the other two boys who were panting too.

"Oops, sorry." Aidrean apologized spotting the girls in the couch. As the three boys came closer, Chloe complimented Aidrean,"You are cute."

"You got a boyfriend, bro." Aster whispered near her ears and Chloe rolled her eye for nth time. "And you are breathtaking." Atlas said, keeping his hands on his chest dramatically.

"And you are a very gallant young man except for your penniless flirts." Chloe faked him a smile.

"Hey, Chloe." Ariel said as she and Krystal came downstairs. While going towards the couch, she said," I hate flirts."

Atlas knew she was talking about him, "Who said I am trying to flirt with you?" He replied. "The world doesn't revolve around you, Mr. Atlas-"