NEW YEARS SPECIAL

Yoo-jin sat on the rooftop of a nondescript building, surrounded by the flickering lights of the city below

Yoo-jin sat on the rooftop of a nondescript building, surrounded by the flickering lights of the city below. Kyung-jun, Jin-ha, and Seung-bin joined her, each holding an air of anticipation for the upcoming New Year's celebration.

"So, what's the plan, guys?" Jin-ha asked, a playful grin on his face. Seung-bin, always the instigator, reached into his bag and pulled out a bottle of soju.

"Stole this from my parents. Let's make tonight memorable!" he exclaimed, earning a mix of laughter and hesitant nods from the group.

As they settled down, Yoo-jin's phone buzzed with an incoming call. She glanced at the screen and saw her brother's name flashing. Jun-hee's voice echoed through the phone "Hey, Yoo-jin. Where are you? Dad is waiting."

A flicker of annoyance crossed Yoo-jin's face "I'm not coming. I'm celebrating with friends." she replied curtly.

"Why are you with them? It's New Year's! Come home. Dad is worried." Jun-hee insisted.

Yoo-jin's eyes narrowed, bitterness seeping into her tone "He's always worried about you, not me. You're the golden child, and I'm just... whatever's left. Even on our birthdays, Dad only gets you presents."

Jun-hee's voice softened "Yoo-jin, it's not like that. Dad cares about you too."

She scoffed "Sure, he does. Look, I'm busy. Have your perfect New Year with Dad." Yoo-jin hung up, frustration etched on her face.

Seung-bin, sensing the tension, nudged Yoo-jin "Everything okay?"

She brushed off his concern with a forced smile "Yeah, just family drama. Let's focus on having a good time."

The group toasted with the pilfered soju, laughter filling the air. As the clock neared midnight, Seung-bin proposed a game.

"Let's share our wishes for the New Year. It's cheesy, but come on, it'll be fun!"

Kyung-jun rolled his eyes playfully "Fine, let's get this over with."

They took turns expressing their hopes for the coming year. Jin-ha wished for good grades, Seung-bin for a raise in his allowance, and Kyung-jun for a break from school stress. Yoo-jin hesitated before revealing her wish.

"I wish for... well, a more peaceful life, I guess."

"That's vague. Be more specific!" Seung-bin teased.

She shot him a playful glare "Okay, fine. I wish for no more family drama."

The celebration continued with shared stories, laughter, and moments that etched themselves into the fabric of their friendship. Seung-bin passed around snacks, Jin-ha cracked jokes, and Kyung-jun, despite his tough exterior, revealed a surprisingly sentimental side.

"Remember when we all met?" Kyung-jun mused, looking at Yoo-jin with a softness that caught her off guard.

"Yeah, Seung-bin was obsessed with that ridiculous game, Jin-ha couldn't stop making terrible puns, and Kyung-jun, well, he was a little intimidating." Jin-ha reminisced, earning a playful scowl from Kyung-jun.