CHAPTER 36

After waiting for a couple of minutes, a black G WAGON stopped before him. The driver gets out and gave Jake the keys.

The latter thank their trusted driver before pressing on the accelerator. He drove towards the familiar direction, in the middle of the forest.

It's the same direction they took earlier when they did the activity, providing services and donate goods to secluded and poor area of Jeju. Now, he's driving back there, again.

Because of who?

Because of that girl. Ej.

Or should he call her Eunji? Upon checking their attendance earlier, he saw her name written beside their course.

After a long ride, with the dusk slowly dominating the place as the sun have set, Jake finally parked his car to the same space the van they rode, parked earlier.

It's a good thing Jake's phone is still has battery. He can use it to light his way and his surroundings because apparently, there is no street lights at the place.

"Eunji? " He calls her name as he started going through the forest, the same route they took earlier upon going to their destination to do the activity.

Using the flashlight of his phone, Jake once again calls her name while trying to light his surroundings.

Ten minutes that turned thirty, still he hasn't seen her. He's worried and frustrated at the same time.

He can't help but to get more annoyed by the fact that they have found out late about her absence.

Jake have reached the flowing lake they have crossed earlier. And that only means one thing, he's halfway from the area they went to earlier.

The fuck? Where is she?

By now, it's so dark that you can barely see anything. That didn't scare him though. What scares him is the coldness of the place as it makes him so worried.

Is she alright?

Despite not wanting to get his feet soaked in the flowing river, Jake doesn't have a choice but to do so. He needed to cross the river to continue his journey in finding her.

Though before he could even get his feet soaked, a voice from the distance stopped him.

"Ouch! The hell was that?! "

Jake immediately followed where the voice came from. He's lighting his surroundings just in case he sees someone.

Her.

And he did. He saw her, sitting beside the big rock while holding her bleeding knees, face looking at his direction with wide eyes.

The next thing he knew, her sprinting towards him with a wide smile plastered in her face.

"OMG! Someone is finally here! " She says. "Hey! Hey!! Help me please! "

"Eunji? " he mumbled her name.

Eunji gave him a bewildered look. "You know me? "

Yes.

Jake cleared his throat, reminding him about the supposedly anonymity between them.

He nodded. "Yeah, you're the representative of the department of Architecture, no? "

The girl's eyes widened. "You know me! You're one of the representatives! " That is not a question, but a statement.

Jake hummed. "You're bleeding. "

"It's alright, I'm alright. But who are you though? " She asked. "I mean, which department are you in? "

"Information Technology. " He answered, guiding her to sit down on the rock near them. "Now, let me treat your wounds first before we go. "

"I-information Technology? " Eunji stuttered for confirmation.

Jake hummed, taking out the handkerchief after handing her his phone.

And right there, Eunji had her confirmation upon seeing his face as he cleans her wound.

Oh no.

×××××××××××××××××

A/n: part 2 or continuation of this scene for the next chapter or let's go straight with texting and skip this part? Let me know!