CHAPTER 18

"Why is he taking so long? "

Sunghoon, who is sitting at the back of Jake's BMW, spoke with his eyes not leaving his phone.

"He's been in there for 10 minutes now. I told you, we should've hit the gym tonight than eating pizza. " He even added.

Jake snorted, shaking his head. "I'll go to see him. " He says.

When Sunghoon nodded after throwing him a glance, he immediately left his car and went inside the shop.

His eyes roamed inside until it landed to a familiar figure who is wearing a grey hoodie. He immediately made his way towards his friend.

He sat beside Heeseung.

"I didn't know it's crowded here. " Jake spoke, looking through the crowded area before facing the wall.

"Me too, man. " Heeseung agreed.

The shop usually only have few customers. But seeing it almost full, leaving little to no space for new arrivals, is quite surprising.

"You done ordering? "

Heeseung nodded, sliding the card that has a number on it.

57

The number being announced is 33. It will surely take long before they call their number.

Jake sighed and was about to fish out his phone but then he remembered he charged it in his car earlier.

He, once again, sighed. His hand going to his head to massage his temple. He closed his eyes and a certain someone suddenly popped in his mind.

Funny how he didn't know anything about her yet he's finding himself smiling whenever he's thinking of her. And the fact that it's just been a couple of weeks since they started talking, Jake couldn't believe himself.

It surely is not him.

No, he has never been him since he decided to reply to that unknown number who suddenly sent him a stupid chain message.

He didn't know what came to him, he didn't know why he replied that certain  night because normally, he would immediately block the number. Yet he didn't.

Instead, he replied. And what's worst? It's him letting their communication last long. Until now.

Ej.

Jake smirked. The anonymity that she keeps on reasoning him is making him thrilled. It amuse and excites him.

So far, he only knows basic information of her. She's the same age as him, female, lives in Seoul but she goes home in Busan, studying at any school but POSTECH and an architecture student. And the pineapple.

Jake chuckled.

Does she like pineapple?

"Right?! Like why does everyone hates pineapple. It literally taste good with anything. "

Jake's thoughts was cut short when a voice was heard behind him. He tilted his head to look behind him and saw three girls, rising to their feet with two boxes of pizza in hand.

Jake's eyes landed to their uniform and to the little logo imprinted behind them. His eyes then travelled to their faces.

They are all unfamiliar except for one. He did not know where he saw her but she is surely familiar to him. She is wearing the same uniform as the other girl she's with.

BS Environmental Science.

"No, Sowon. I resent those people who hates pineapple on pizza. "

His gaze falls to the other girl who is wearing a different uniform, the same girl who talked about resentment to those who hates pineapple on pizza.

Pineapple.

Ah, it's funny how almost everything reminds him of her despite the little information he has.

Ej, you're really doing something to me.

He thought.

-