Chapter 16 - This wasn't a mistake, was it?

(Pearl POV)

Pearl slowly blinked her eyes open.

Her head hurt and she barely remembered what had happened.

Getting used to the lighting she took in her surroundings.

Oh for fucks sake. Prison cell. Pearl was in a prison cell or atleast that's what it looked like.

The cell was pretty spacious and there was some space outside of the bars with a door. The walls were white going a darker shade in the cell part.

There wes no bed or chairs, just a plain space with a very confused and angry Pearl in it.

Maybe she could get out? With her powers she could size down and walk through the bars, genius!

Concentrating Pearl tried to use her powers, but nothing happened. She tried again and again, but nothing happened.

Sighing with disappointment and annoyence she crossed her arms and leaned against the wall more.

After, what felt like, a few minutes the door outside the cell opened and a Sky walked in with a person Pearl didn't recognize.

It was Gold wing and he held the other person thighly by the arm, opened the cell and threw them in before locking the cell again and leaving the room.

-"You know what!? Fuck you!" The person screamed out with anger, "I don't understand why you let Gem go and not me!?"

Gem!?

-"Wait, you know Gem?" Pearl asked and looked at the person to better read them.

The person was a girl that looked the same age as Pearl, though she was ever so slightly shorter. The girl had chin length dark brown fluffy hair with few lighter strands. Her skin was tan with many freckles and soft green eyes.

-"Yeah, we're friends. Who are you?" She spoke sitting down near Pearl, but not exactly next to her.

-"I suppose there's no harm in telling you. I'm Pearl, also known as Moonlit." Pearl had shame in her voice and not because she was a burned, but because she was here. She was just sitting in a prison cell with a random girl.

-"Oh." She paused before continuing, "I would be angry at you for being a villian, but the Skys are my main problem right now."

-"Why?" Pearl asked.

-"My names Fonnie, but I was known as Teller." She sighed.

-" 'Was'? Why's that?"

-"As of recent events I found out that one of our heros, Gem, was a spy and for some reason they let her go without a fight. Me and Gem were almost always spending time together in the headquarters so they probably assumed I was a spy aswell, though I don't know why they put me in here and not her." Fonnie said with a quiet voice and her head low.

-"...I'm friends with Gem." Pearl chuckled sadly with Fonnie looking at her in shock and far betrayal.

-"Me and Gem are in the same school and class. We have been friends long before I became a villian and she, a hero. I was going home to speak with her before I woke up here."

-"Gem's an amazing person. I was so suprised when I found out what she really was." Fonnie sighed.

The space around them took a silent atmosphere. None of them wanted to speak up, but Pearl did a few minutes later.

-"Do you know what time is?" She asked.

Pearl didn't know how long she'd been out and there was no way to know as there were no windows and no clock.