Chapter 11

Luke's POV

I was woken up by a loud noise, I looked over at Daniel who was sleeping peacefully then looked at my phone for the time. It was 4 am. What on Earth was that noise, I got up out of bed and made my way to the hall and listened again but heard nothing this time round. Maybe it was something from outside it does sound windy out there. Before heading back to bed I decided to look in on Beth to make sure she was okay. Making my way to the door I turned the door handle and pushed the door open except it would not budge. I began to panic and put a little more force into it but again nothing it would not open. 

"Beth if you are behind the door you need to move now I do not want you getting hurt if I have to push harder to open this door, either way, I will get in there," I pause for a second to see if she responds before I continue talking to her "You have 2 options, 1 is open the door and let me in and you will get a time out for this or 2 being if I have to use force you will get a spanking, either way, I am coming in that room, ill give you a minute to think about it" I wait for her to make up her mind when I hear Daniel behind me. 

"What's wrong love, what are you doing" he asks in a sleepy tone. 

"I woke to a bang and Beth has blocked the door so we are waiting to see if she is getting a time out or a spanking," I say the last part a little more on the loud side to ensure she can hear the options again. 

"I.-I'm s-scared" we hear her quietly voice out. 

"Love you have nothing to be scared of, not with us I can promise you that," I say in the softest tone I can.

"Y-y-you w-wont hurt m-me?" She asked back. 

"No, my love, we will never lay a hand on you ever," It broke my heart to hear her ask that question and I did not hesitate at all to tell her no, I can't believe she was that scared she thought we may hurt her. What did that monster do to this poor little girl? While stuck in my thoughts I hear something getting pushed from behind the door before she speaks again. 

"P-promise y-you won't h-hurt m-me," she asks again, it's clear she needs our reassurance right now. I'm begining to think she may be slipping a little to need this from us. 

"I promise love, I just want to make sure you are okay and safe in there, please can we come in? " I hold my breath and wait, I could use force and push the door but I feel like we are getting somewhere right now and I don't want to take steps back due to a stupid decision. 

Slowly the door opens only a crack and I see her peak threw the crack, I crouch down so I am less intimidating to her. "can I come in love?" she thinks for a second and nods her head but runs from the door before I have a chance to stand up. I look over at Daniel who is rather quiet, all he does is smile and say he will go make a bottle and give me a minute to talk with her if she is up for talking. I nod my head before turning to my task at hand, my little girl. 

I walk in to see her sitting in the corner with her knees pulled up to her chest and head on her knees. It's clear that she had been crying. I decide not to go up to her I want to see how she will react to me now she's let me into her space willingly. I take a seat on the rocking chair and make myself comfortable.

"Beth, I'm going to sit here, and when you are ready to talk or even if you just need a cuddle you can come over to me okay I will sit here as long as it takes."

Daniel walks in with her bottle saying it's a little hot but it's intentional so that it will be cool enough when she is ready to finally drink it. With that, he says he leaves the room to go back to bed. I know he wants to be in here but understands that she may feel overcrowded and will be more comfortable talking if it was just one of us in here with her.