Chapter Four

Jannat was seen sitting and chatting with a guy when her friends approached them and pretended to cough.

"Sister-in-law" the boy said looking at Avneet.

"What?"

The boy apologized to Avneet and introduced himself "Hello, I am Faisal Shaikh."

Avneet and Vaishnavi also introduced themselves.

"Hello, Faisal, I am Vaishnavi."

"Hello, I am Avneet Kaur."

"Nice to meet you two. You can call me Faisu" both the girls nodded.

Vaishnavi teased them saying "Did we interrupt in between?"

"No, not at all. We were just casually talking" Jannat clarified. "Really?"

"I think I should leave. Bye guys" saying that Faisu left.

Classes went on as usual and the days passed by quickly. However during these days, Avneet and Siddharth used to exchange a few remarks and sarcastic comments every time they saw each other in the hallways or in class.

The passing days seemed to fly by quickly, and it was already Friday, in the marketing class, the teacher announced that the students would be paired up for their first marketing project.

The teacher called out the names of each pair.

"Jannat and Faisal"

"Anushka and Riyaz"

"Vaishnavi and Abhishek"

"Siddharth and Avneet"

Finishing calling out the names of each pair, the teacher said "Students, you have one week to complete this project.

After class, everyone gathered outside, and Vaishnavi suggested that they all work on the project together. Everyone agreed except for Siddharth and Avneet, who had developed a strange relationship in the past few days.

Jannat suggested "Guys, how about we go clubbing tonight?" and everyone agreed.

Riyaz said, "Girls but don't forget about the Saturday night party."

Except for Anushka, the other girls were confused, "What party?"

Anushka acted a little offended and said "This shows that you have not listened to what I said on our first day."

"Every week on Saturday night at Faisu's beach house. Almost everyone from our college is invited" Riyaz explained.

Jannat curiously asked, "So, your parents don't live here?"

"It is just a beach house no one lives here" said Faisu.

As the others gradually left, leaving only four of them behind, Abhishek bid his farewell with a warm smile, saying, "Goodbye, Vaish. Goodbye, Avneet."

Both the girls responded with equally warm smiles. Avneet's eyes met Siddharth, as she uttered a quick 'goodbye' and turned around to leave. However, she stopped in her tracks when she felt his hand reached out to her.

Siddharth pulled her towards him, whispering in her ear, "Goodbye, dear. I can't wait to see you tonight" with that he left, leaving her in a state of utter shock.

Seated in the car, Vaishnavi turned to Avneet and asked, "Avu, what was Siddharth saying?"

Avneet, still a bit puzzled, replied, "Honestly, I'm not sure what he meant by that."

Meanwhile, Abhishek turned to Siddharth, a curious expression on his face, and asked, "Bro, what did you say to her?"

Siddharth responded casually, "Nothing much, let's just go home."

Avneet was at Vaishnavi's place to get ready. Though not overly thrilled, she went along with it, Siddharth's words lingering in her mind.

She glanced at the clock, realizing it was already 6, prompting a swift dash to ensure their looks were on point, and with that, both of them hurriedly left.

As the girls arrived at the club, everyone had already gathered except the Nigam brothers. Avneet scoffed and remarked, "Is there anything he can do properly? Except for being a jerk; he's also an annoying, self-obsessed person."

"Relax, girl. We still have a few minutes before the clock strikes 7" Riyaz casually said in his typical carefree tone.

"Let's see."

In the middle of their conversation, the Nigam brothers arrived, five minutes before the clock struck 7. Riyaz couldn't resist a playful remark, saying, "See, I told you so."

The group made their way into the club, settling at a table and placing their drink orders. Throughout this, Siddharth couldn't take his eyes off Avneet, thinking to himself that she looked absolutely breathtaking.

Siddharth, with his usual charming smile, offered his hand to Avneet, an invitation to the dance floor. After a brief moment of hesitation, she accepted.

As Siddharth placed his hand on her waist, warmth passed between them. He led her to the dance floor, pulling her closer to his body, creating an unspoken connection, their bodies entwined in the rhythm of the music.

In the heat of the movement, Siddharth seized the moment, pressing his lips on her. Avneet was caught off guard and froze in shock. Reacting instinctively, she pushed him away and made her way outside, leaving Siddharth behind with a mix of emotions on the dance floor.

Vaishnavi noticed Avneet hastily making her way outside, she followed her friend, showing concern across her face.

"Avu, what happened?" she asked, her voice laced with worry.

Avneet, responded sounding confused with a mix of emotions, "Vaishu, can we please go?"

Vaishnavi nodded understandingly, sending a quick text to Jannat, notifying her that they were leaving.

_______
Vote and Comment