Chapter Two

Siddharth and his friends sat together at the back of the classroom, occupying the last bench. They were waiting for the class to start while exchanging stories and jokes with each other.

Meanwhile, Avneet and her friends sat adjacent to them, engaged in a lively conversation of their own.

In the conversation, Faisu noticed the girl and asked, "Is she the same girl we met earlier?"

"Yes."

Riyaz commented on the beauty of the girls. Faisu agreed and added that all four of them were beautiful.

Siddharth's mind was preoccupied with a puzzling thought. He was trying to recollect if he had ever met Avneet in the past. Her face seemed familiar to him, but he just couldn't put his finger on where he had seen her before. However, all his efforts were in vain, and he was left with a sense of unease and confusion.

Anushka expressed her admiration for four people. Jannat seemed to agree with her, although it's uncertain whether she saw the people Anushka was referring to.

"I feel like I have seen them before, " Anushka said sounding confused while trying to recall. She noticed the lack of enthusiasm from the other "Do you guys hear what I was saying?"

Vaishnavi didn't seem to care much about Anushka's statement and responded dismissively "Whatever Anu."

However, in the midst of all, Avneet was lost in her phone, scrolling through her social media feed, completely unmindful of their conversation.

Vaishnavi noticed this and asked "What are you up to, Avu?" to which Avneet replied with a nonchalant "Nothing".

Anushka, who noticed a good-looking boy in the classroom, teased Avneet about her disinterest in him. However, Avneet doesn't seem to care and dismissed Anushka's comment with a boring "whatever".

Suddenly, Avneet stood up from her seat and walked out of the classroom when she heard someone call out to her.

He complimented Avneet, "Hey! Beautiful". But she didn't stop and kept walking, ignoring him.

The boy, feeling rejected, commented on her attitude, saying "Attitude, playing hard to get."

But Avneet quickly shut him down, stating "I am not trying or acting, I am genuinely hard to pursue, and also I am out of your league. Please don't bore me out."

She sighed and left, while the girls and some of the people in the classroom laughed. And the classroom was again filled with the chatter of excited students.

Riyaz let out a sudden exclamation, "WOW." Faisu, who was busy flipping through his textbook, replied with a smirk, "Sister-in-law is not an easy girl."

Abhishek, who was sitting beside Faisu, nodded in agreement and added, "You have to work hard, bro" elbowing Siddharth.

Just then, the classroom door opened, and the teacher walked in, prompting everyone to quickly scramble back to their seats. The rustling of bags, shuffling of chairs, and hushed whispers gradually died down as the teacher took his place at the front of the room and began the class.

As they walked down the hallway, Anushka asked her friends, "What is the next class?"

Vaishnavi, who was flipping through her notebook, replied, "Aaaa, I think it's Maths."

Jannat rolled her eyes and said, "Boring."

Vaishnavi turned to Avneet, who was walking ahead of them, and asked, "Avu, where are you going?" Avneet replied, "Library." Vaishnavi looked puzzled and asked, "What about Maths class?"

Avneet shrugged and said, "Who cares?"

Vaishnavi then turned to Jannat and Anushka and asked, "What about you guys?" Jannat replied, "Boring. I am also going to skip the class."

Anushka, however, said, "Okay then I'm going to class."

Avneet suggested, "OK then let's meet after Maths class at the Cafeteria."

The four of them separated and went their separate ways, some to class and others to the library.

The group of friends, Faisu, Abhishek, Riyaz, and Siddharth, were standing in the hallway, discussing their upcoming classes.

Faisu asked "What class do we have next?" to which Abhishek replied, "Maybe Maths."

Riyaz confirmed, "Yes, it's Math class."

Siddharth, who seemed disinterested in the subject, expressed his boredom and said that he would skip the class. Abhishek also agreed to skip, while Riyaz decided to attend the class.

Faisu, not interested in Maths either, suggested going to the playground instead.

Abhishek suggested, "We will meet at the Cafeteria later, then."

Siddharth and Abhishek went to the library, while the others left.

_____
Vote and Comment