SPECIAL 4 - A Special Day with a Special Boy

A year seemed like a long time, but it seemed like yesterday that it was only August when I saw a new intern introduce himself to everyone. In the blink of an eye, it had happened again. What made it different was that the intern this time was helping the programming department and King was supposed to supervise him.

As for Mr Jadeniphat, a year had passed quickly even though a lot had happened. I was now twenty-eight, approaching thirty, and still working at the same company, but it seemed like I had more work every day. The relationship I was in was still as sweet as day one.

Also, my boyfriend had graduated.

I took the last sip of my coffee and minimized the window of the program I was working on. I could now see the desktop background of my computer. It was a photo of me and Mai in his gown. I couldn't help but smile every time I saw that photo. I clearly remembered the first day he came to work. In the blink of an eye he had graduated and already found a job.

I felt so proud of him for making it through college. I didn't know why, maybe it was because when we first met, I had seen him as a lovable little brother even though now I knew he was a cunning fox.

I probably have a soft spot for him. A little too weak at times.

But really, I was very proud of my boy. He had never graduated with top marks. The lowest grade he had ever gotten was C+; while I had just survived an F. Immediately after graduation he had joined a well-known advertising company, while I had then been looking for work for months. He looked so cute in the red robe and looked even better in front of the camera. I remembered waiting for him at the store while he tried on the dress and feeling so happy that my cheeks hurt from smiling too much.

Do I have a boyfriend or a child?

**********

A few months earlier

I looked at the clock on the wall, working hours would be over in five minutes. I saved my work file and stretched my tired body, then began packing, excited to go home.

"Working hours are over. Let's go home, guys." Fai shouted.

I stood up and greeted everyone before turning to look at my two best friends who were shutting down their computers.

"See you tomorrow at nine o'clock. Do not forget."

"Yes. I know." King dragged his voice. I looked back and saw him very tired. "I already know it's the day of your boyfriend's graduation tests. You told us a million times, Jade."

"I did it?" I laughed dryly.

The next day would be Mai's graduation day. It was a shame that I had to work on his graduation day. I was going to take the day off, but Mai had told me to save it for our trip. And after considering that his family would all be there on graduation day, I thought it would be best for him to spend a day with them. And I would make up for it on test day.

"Yes. Do you think we have Alzheimer's or something?" King shook his head.

"I'll repeat many things in case you forget." I argued.

Being an experienced graduate, I knew the day would take a long time and I didn't want to wait all alone. So I had made sure they remembered for the last couple of weeks. But King was dramatic. I hadn't said it a million times...probably only fifty.

"You seem more excited than Mai. Things? Are you happy you're no longer dating a college student?" King gave me a playful smile.

I glared at him, but that made him laugh even more.

"Uea, look. Jade's eyes are about to pop out."

"Will you stop teasing him now, King?" Uea looked annoyed. King chuckled and looked at me sharply.