Chapter 8 - Everyone can Notice it

It seemed that finally my hopes of seeing my friends resolve the situation, were not just a daydream that what I had hoped for my friends to resolve, was finally not just a daydream. Eventually, after letting King take Uea to the hospital, they acted normally again. King was back to being annoying, and Uea was quiet, but sometimes he talked back to King a little. The aura of frustration coming from them disappeared as if nothing had happened.

"You are so demanding, Mr. Anon. He bought it just for you and brought it to your desk, but you just rejected it. You're so closed off."

"I just wanted to make it clear. I don't act sweet to everyone and give them hope like someone here."

"It's called 'avoiding hurting someone's feelings.'"

"Really? I call it "being a casanova"."

"..."

I sat in the middle, blinking repeatedly as they bickered since early morning. It was fun. Even though their words were pretty mean, at least they talked to each other. I didn't know what happened on the way to the hospital, but at least the cold war was over, and the one in the middle like me felt better now.

It's never fun when your friends argue and you can only watch, trust me.

"Now I can remove one person from the list of people from whom I have to collect gifts for you, right? I don't think P'Pong will bother you anymore." he said. Pong was one of my regular customers.

It's a shame. He always has a gift card for me. I think the offer is over now.

"You must not accept gifts for me from anyone. I told you I'm not dating anyone from the same company." Uea said flatly.

I looked at King who was staring at Uea with a cup of coffee in his hand.

As mentioned, I had watched a lot of Detective Conan episodes, that's why I was good at understanding people. But King said I was just imagining it. He was a bad friend! I instinctively felt that something in their relationship had changed after that day at the party... like they had gotten drunk and done it... or maybe they were secretly together. So I stood there spying on them.

"But you can still accept gifts for me. I don't want to hurt any girl's feelings, hahaha."

"You're an asshole." I said, then looked at Uea and King's faces. They were behaving normally. If they were together, Uea should have been jealous, but he wasn't. He was still focused on his work, as always. Or maybe I was imagining things...

"When someone tells you to give us a gift, you should deny it. You're a graphic designer, not a courier." Uea looked into his eyes, he made me nervous.

"Well, I tried, but people kept insisting. I'll look like a bad guy if I don't. There's got to be something to connect with."

"You see? Our friend here knows what he's doing." King teased me.

"I don't look as good as you, okay?" I pouted. The damn friend chuckled slyly, raising his eyebrows at me before returning to his desk.

I want to kick him in the face. Why is he such an idiot?I walked over to the water dispenser to get some. I drank quickly to quell the annoyance my terrible friends had raised only a moment before. Now that everything was back to how it was, I should stop worrying about them. They didn't seem to like each other, and that was perfect, because I wanted Mai to have a chance with Uea.

"P'Jade."

Speak of the devil...

I heard his deep voice which was more pleasant to the ear than my best friend's as I filled water into a plastic cup. Mai was walking with two cups of coffee in his hand.