Valentine's Day Proposal

(February 14th, 1999) Harry's POV

It's Valentine's day and I've decided to propose to Hermione. I know, cliche doing it on Valentine's day. But we have to marry after she finishes school and I wanted to propose. And this was the only day I could think where I could make a bigger gesture then I did at the ball. When I asked her to be my girlfriend.

I look at my mother's old engagement ring, it was in the vault. I hope Hermione likes it. I've worked hard to make this perfect. I even got an untouched snitch and had her catch it at the Burrow Christmas eve. I put the ring inside and it closes. I got permission from her parents yesterday to propose. Her mother looks ready to pop. Just then the carriage stops and I take a deep breath. It's show time.

Hermione's POV

It's Valentine's day and Harry said he couldn't make it. As he has his final test today. I'm a little sad he won't be here. It's our first Valentine's day as a couple. I was going to stay at school and study. As exams in a few months. But Ginny convinced me to go to Hogsmeade. For some reason she had me dress up.

"Why did I have to dress nicely?" I ask her.

"You'll see" she tells me. We exit the castle and I am surprised to see Harry in a suit. Standing beside a carriage. "Have fun you two, I have quidditch practice" she tells us before leaving.

"Harry, I thought you couldn't make it today" I say confused.

"Yeah, that was a lie" he says sheepishly. "I completed my auror training and took my final test last week. I am now a qualified auror" he states.

"That's amazing" I tell him and give him a hug. "So why the carriage?" I ask him.

"I thought we could go for a carriage ride around Hogsmeade together" he states. I peck him on the lips.

"Sounds lovely" I tell him. He smiles and holds the door open for me. I get in and he follows. Once the door was shut and he was seated. The carriage set off.

"So I heard about Fang, how's Hagrid?" Harry asks me. Fang had based away a couple of days ago in his sleep.

"He's doing better then when Arogog died. I think having Taurus to look after is helping him keep his mind busy" I state.

"That's good to hear, how big is Taurus now?" he asks.

"Huge" I say with a laugh. "But he thinks his a lap dog" I tell him and he chuckles.

"You're fault, you let him nap on your lap all the time" he tells me.

"So does Hagrid" I retort. "So who are you working with?" I ask him curious.

"Aurora Savage" he states. "She was stationed in Hogsmeade during our 6th year" he tells me. "Reminds me of Moody" he adds.

"Well I am proud of you" I tell him. "How are things at Grimmauld Place?" I ask.

"Better, thanks to Kreacher the house is now completely clean. He even repaired the Black Family tapestry. He unstuck Sirius' mother's portrait. Which I allowed him to keep in his own room. I gave him a proper bedroom, Regulus' old one actually" he states.

"Well I look forward to see it" I tell him. "It's a beautiful day" I add looking outside the carriage.

"It is" he agrees. "Nervous about exams?" he asks.

"Beyond nervous" I tell him.

"You'll do great, you got 10 OWls" he reminds me. "I wouldn't be surprised if you got 6 NEWTs" he tells me.

"Don't say that" I whine. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and I rest my head on his. "How about we discuss something else" I suggest.

"Bill and Fleur are thinking of having a baby" he tells me.