Choosing a Pup

Harry's POV

Ron and I have made up, and are friends again. He even patched things up with Hermione. I'm glad we're all friends again. Ron even gave me permission to date Hermione. I plan on asking her out over the Christmas break.

Anyway, today we'll be picking a pup for Hagrid. I'll be apparating Ron and I there. As he has never been there before. Where as Hermione will apparate herself. Needless to say, Ron and I are running a little late. "Ron, lets go!" I call and he joins me outside the burrow.

"Ready" he says grabbing my arm. I nod and disapparate.

Hermione's POV

The boys are running late. No surprises there. Anna has just introduced me to all the pups. Orion, Cygnus, Star, Leo, Saturn, Libra and Taurus. The girls are all adorable, but we want to get Hagrid a boy. He's always had male pets. Anna left me with the pups and their mum to answer the door.

"Sorry we're late" Harry says as he appears with Ron and Anna.

"My fault" Ron admits.

"It's fine, Anna just introduced me to the pups" I tell them. "Those are the girls; Star, Libra and Saturn" I say pointing to them. "That's Orion, I think he'd remind Hagrid to much of Fang"  I state.

"Agreed" Harry says.

"So who are the other three boys?" Ron asks.

"That's be the three fawns that look like their mother" Anna states. "Cynus is playing with Orion" she says pointing to him. "No Leo, not on the carpet!" she whines as he pees on it. "Scourgify" she says cleaning up the mess.

"And this handsome boy is Taurus, which means bull" I tell the boys. Gesturing to the boy asleep on my lap.

"Next to Saturn, he is the chillest pup of the litter" Anna states.

"I like Leo, means lion and Hagrid was a gryffindor and so are we" Ron states.

"Cygnus looks to be the biggest out of the three, I think Hagrid would prefer him" Harry states.

"What do you think Hermione?" Ron asks.

"Hagrid is capable to take on any pup. But you gotta remember he just turn seventy, I think Taurus would be the best fit as he is s chill" I tell them.

"She makes a good point" Harry states.

"When doesn't she?" Ron asks him and they chuckle.

"So have you settled on a pup?" Anna asks.

"Have we?" I ask the boys.

"Yes" they say.

"We pick Taurus" Harry clarifies.

"Excellent" she says with a smile. "I'll put together a care package and the forms required to transfer his ownership to Hagrid.  That'll be fifteen galleons" she tells us.

"Fifteen?" Ron asks shocked.

"An owl is ten" Harry tells him.

"And I paid nine for Crookshanks" I add. "So five galleons, each?" I ask. They agree.

"You don't have to give me the money until you come to collect him" Anna assures us. "He'll be ready to leave on December 23rd. Otherwise you'll have to wait until the new year to collect him" she states.

"I'll be able to get him" Harry assures her. "Thank you for this" he adds.

"Pleasure, I'm glad he is going to a loving home" she states. "I've already found homes for two of the girls also. So three down, four to go. Please let your friends and family know" she tells us. We agree too. Then leave.

"Butter beer at the three broomsticks?" Ron suggests.

"I'm free, Hermione?" Harry asks.

"Lets go" I tell them with a smile. We all disapparate. Once we land, we enter the pub. Harry went to order us butter beers. "How is it working for George?" I ask Ron.

"It's good. George says if I keep up the good work I'll be co-manager in no time" he states.

"That's brilliant Ron" I tell him as Harry returns with our drinks. "How's auror trianing?" I ask Harry.

"Hard, but I really enjoy it" he states.

"He was top of the class when I left" Ron tells me.

"That's amazing Harry" I praise him.

"Not really, I just have a little more experience in some areas oppose to the others in my group" he states modestly. "What about you? What are you plans after school?" he asks.

"I'll be going to work at the ministry. I plan on furthering S.P.E.W, getting rid of pro-pureblood laws and making life better for werewolves" I tell them.

"That's ambitious Hermione" Ron states.

"I know, but I want to make our world a better place" I tell them.

"I have no doubt you'll succeed and I support you a hundred percent" Harry tells me.

"Thanks" I say.

"Anything exciting happening at Hogwarts?" Harry asks me.

"A ball" I tell them. "A Masquerade ball the last day of term before Christmas break. Everyone is really excited about it" I state.

"That's nice" Ron says.

"Would it be ok for me to come?" Harry asks. "With you" he adds.

"I'll have to ask McGonagall, but I don't see why not" I tell him. "Did you want to come to Ron?" I ask.

"No thanks, I don't like dancing" he states. "Anyway, I should get back to the shop" he adds. Looking at the time.

"I should go releave Andromeda, she has a dinner tonight with her sister" Harry states.

"Ok, well it was nice seeing you both again. I'm glad things are going back to normal" I tell them.

"Same here" Harry says. Ron just nods his head. "So you'll owl me about the ball?" he asks me. I nod my head. They both left and I walk back to the castle alone. It's still so strange them not being at school with me. But I am slowly getting used to it. Besides I have a lot of work to focus on. Thanks to my lessons, preparations for the ball and my other duties as head girl.

A/N

Picture above of all the puppies and their names.