Hagrid Meet Taurus

(23rd December, 1998) Harry's POV

I'm at Anna's to collect Taurus. I got the others shares of the money. I hope Hagrid likes Taurus. According to Hermione, Fang has lost nearly a third his body weight since the beginning of the school year. Hagrid is really beat up about it.

"Harry, welcome" Anna says letting me in. "Wait here" she says and goes to the back room. She returns carrying Taurus. "Here he is" she tells me.

"He's gotten bigger" I state. "Here's the money" I say giving it to her. She counts it as I hold Taurus. She smiles and hands me a bag of Taurus things along with papers.

"Have Hagrid sign them and send them back to me. I'll file them" she states. "I hope he likes him" she adds.

"So do I" I tell her. I put everything in the car and strap Taurus in. Then begin the longish drive to the Burrow. It'd take about an hour. But we'd spend the night there tonight and tomorrow. Hermione will be there also. Then we'd catch the Knight Bus with Ron to Hogwarts Christmas day to deliver Taurus to Hagrid in person.

(Christmas Day, 1998) Hermione's POV

Christmas break has been great so far. My parents and I have disguised the baby a lot. And I will not do magic around him or her. We will tell them one day when they are older about magic. As I don't want secrets from my future baby brother or sister.

Anyway, I went to the burrow yesterday for Christmas eve. It was fun. I stayed the night in Ginny's room. Now Harry, Ron and I are taking Taurus to Hogwarts. Then Harry and I have lunch with my parents.

"Ron did you get Taurus' bag?" I ask him.

"Yes" he says holding it up.

"Harry you got the papers?" I ask and he shows them to me. Before pocketing them. Keeping a tight hold of Taurus I summon the Knight bus. It appears with a bang startling Taurus. I don't react staying calm. "Hogwarts please" I tell the conductor before he could begin his speech.

He nods and we board. We each pay him and take our seats. "Remind me again why we couldn't take the train?" Ron asks. Before Harry or I could answer, the bus takes off with a bang. Ron falls out of his chair. Harry laughs and I smile amused.

"The train or driving would have taken forever" I tell him.

"Besides Hermione and I have lunch plans" Harry adds. Ron grumbles as he rights his chair and sits back down.

"I hate this stupid bus" he grumbles. Three stops later we reach the gate to Hogwarts. Harry thanks the conductor and driver as Ron pretty much ran from the bus. I walk off it slowly with Taurus in my arms still. He is starting to get heavy.

"What me to carry him?" Harry asks.

"Just until we get to the hill over looking Hagrid's hut" I tell him. He takes Taurus. We set off for Hagrid's hut. When we reach the hill, I cover Taurus in Harry's invisibility cloak. We walk down to Hagrid's hut and Harry knocks.

"What are you three doing here?" Hagrid asks surprised.

"We thought we'd surprise you" Harry tells him and gives him a hug. "How's Fang?" he asks.

"Not good Harry" Hagrid says with a sad sigh. "Come on in, I'll make us some tea" he states. We enter the house. I sit down with Taurus in my lap. He is still covered by the invisibility cloak. Though Fang seems to smell him and gets unsteadily to his feet. He makes his way over and rests his head on my lap whining sniffing Taurus through the cloak. "That's the most I've seen him move since break started" Hagrid states.

Ron takes over making the tea. Harry gives Fang a pat as Taurus whines. "What was that?" Hagrid asks confused trying to find the source of the sound.

"We got you something a gift" I tell him.

"To thank you for everything you've done since we started at Hogwarts. You are an amazing friend Hagrid" Harry tells him.

"Though you could take a couple of cooking lessons" Ron adds and we chuckle.

"So we got you a Christmas present" I state.

"Really? Where?" Hagrid asks confused.

"We know how much you love Fang and what you both have been through together. But we knew you'd need someone to keep you company" Harry states.

"Especially as this is my final year and we won't get to see you as often" I state.

"So we got you Taurus" Ron adds as I remove Harry's invisibility cloak. Fang barks lightly and licks Taurus nose. Who yips happily, wagging his tail.

"Oh you three" Hagrid says as tears appear in his eyes. He takes Taurus into his arms. "He's beautiful" he states

"Merry Christmas Hagrid" we tell him. Hagrid absolutely loved Taurus and so did Fang. Who seemed more energetic then I've seen him all year. After tea, we left. Ron said he was meeting Dean and Seamus for a butter beer. So he walked to Hogsmeade. Harry and I apparate to his house. He then drives us to my parents house for Christmas lunch.

A/N

Picture above of Taurus.