wipe my tears

"We're having dinner with who?" my breathing gets faster.

"So.." Dalton starts hesitantly. "I've arranged to have dinner with all 3 of our parents,"

I look over at Kai who puts his head down, probably just as terrified as I am hearing these words. Which, I assume this dinner might not bode over well, considering we're a damn throuple.

"And tell them what Dalton?!" I mock, "Hey Daltons parents, whom i've already met, I'm actually fucking your son and his bestfriend. How nice! Ready for dinner?"

Both of their heads snap to mine. Most likely due to the foul and vulgar sentence that just escaped my mouth.

"Darling. You do not speak to him like that," Kai speaks up first.

"I-I but-," I try to save myself.

"No excuses baby. Either tell me calmly what you feel, or don't," Dalton warns. "Because I will never hear those words from you again, Understood?"

I nod. Taking a deep breath, I look at both of them calmly.

"I am nervous for how they're going to react. One, because I have already met your parents," I gesture to Dalton. "Second, how my parents will look at me."

"My parents too..." Kai says quietly.

"Yeah," I agree. "Dalton, you should have consulted us. Like, what did you even say?"

I look at him curiously. Honestly, I am not quite sure how he got all 3 of our parents to agree to this kind of dinner.

" I told them we had something to tell them more or less," Dalton shrugs.

Fucking hell.

And for the second time this afternoon, they both look at me. My eyes widen first in confusion and then in realization. I had said that out loud. Looking down in shame, knowing the next step, I don't even try to excuse it this time.

I hear their footsteps get louder as they approach where I'm sitting. A hand comes into my peripheral vision, grasps my hair, and yanks it to face its owner. Dalton.

I knew it was him.

"What did you say sweetie?" Fury burning behind his eyes.

I look at Kai and look back at Dalton, deeming the equally furious man not helpful.

"I-I meant to sa-say it in my head, ow!" I say, practically begging as he intermittently yanks my hair.

Both men chuckle. Shit.

"That's a new one, huh." Kai says through laughter.

"I swea-" A hand comes across my cheek, hard enough to shut me up, light enough to not leave a mark.

"Did I ask you to speak?" Dalton asks.

"No sir," I concede.

"Good girl," Kai says, patting my head like a dog. No doubt he is mocking my obedience.

Dalton pulls me to standing.

"Come here," He pulls me, emphasizing his words. "Come here,"

I am bent over the armrest of our couch. The cotton of the couch brushes my cheek as I grip the beige fabric. His mere strength pushes the breath out of my lungs.

"Do you know why you're in this position?" Kai leans down, lips brushing the top of my ear.

"Because I swore," I say, breathless.

Dalton pulls my head so my back arches with my hips still against the couch.

"What did you say?" He warns.